CPU
i7-4770K/Q87
Graphics
Quadro K2200
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Recently did a Hackintosh Mini build with an ASROCK H87M-ITX mobo before finding this forum and learning that GIGABYTE mobos are the way to go. Now I'm stuck with a useless mobo, unless I can patch my BIOS, as MrGonzo and a few other members have indicated that they've done successfully. Just wondering if any BIOS patchers out there might 1) post a link to where one can download the BIOS patch and 2) Include a brief walk-through of how to apply the patch and ultimately flash the mobo?

BTW: Have tried installing OS 10.9 Mavericks via Unibeast, but I can't get past the Chimera Boot Screen. Have typed in all possible "boot" options, but I get just a brief flash of the Apple logo on a white screen before the system reboots and takes me right back to the Chimera Boot Screen. Maybe there's something I'm just not doing, although I have this sneaking suspicion that the problem is with my ASROCK. Help?:crazy:

Hardware: Intel Core i7 4770 (w/Intel HD Integrated Graphics), ASROCK H87M-ITX, Crucial Ballistix 8GB kit, WD 1TB Blue HDD, LG 24x internal DVD burner, etc.

I've exactly the same problem with a asrock mobo too(asrock H87M) and a Haswell processor(i5 4570) :/
Have you found and/or resolve the problem :D

I've exactly the same problem with a asrock mobo too(asrock H87M) and a Haswell processor(i5 4570) :/
Have you found and/or resolve the problem :D

Im 99% sure this board can be patched. Ive done it successfully with 2 very similar Asrock boards.

Thank you so much!!!
I installed the official UEFI (I tried so many times to patch!:banghead:) and it works!
I just need npci=0x1000!
I have still a kext problem: If i install my audio kext(ALC 1892), my LAN don't work anymore and if I try to install my LAN kext(AtherosL1cEthernet) I get a kernel panick and my installer USB drive to;(
So i think i'll pass me from the audio...

Thank you so much!!!
I installed the official UEFI (I tried so many times to patch!:banghead:) and it works!
I just need npci=0x1000!
I have still a kext problem: If i install my audio kext(ALC 1892), my LAN don't work anymore and if I try to install my LAN kext(AtherosL1cEthernet) I get a kernel panick and my installer USB drive to;(

I havent used that specific board so cant help with that; on my Z87 boards though, I simply installed the relevant kexts from Multibeast then added the HDMI audio patch to my DSDT.

Thank you so much!!!
I just need npci=0x1000!

I have gotten sound to work. I am writing a guide on how to install Yosemite on this particular board. I will edit this post with a link soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back