Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get Bluetooth working but without success :(
If i go to:
About This Mac / System Report / USB, i see there's an entry for my Bluetooth device with vendor and device ID.
I'm using Toledaarpt.kext to inject my Atheros WiFi, but i don't know how to patch clover to set the the vendor ID and device ID for my bluetooth.
Anyone can help me?
Thank you

Is this question pertaining to your listed hardware "Dell Latitude E5520?"

This guide and its solutions are for Desktop ONLY systems. Questions regarding Laptop support for El Captitan should be posted here: El Capitan Laptop Support. You will get much more applicable advice there, as Laptop and Desktop systems do not have the same troubleshooting and "fix" parameters...

Is this question pertaining to your listed hardware "Dell Latitude E5520?"

This guide and its solutions are for Desktop ONLY systems. Questions regarding Laptop support for El Captitan should be posted here: El Capitan Laptop Support. You will get much more applicable advice there, as Laptop and Desktop systems do not have the same troubleshooting and "fix" parameters...

Thanks, i will try it in the Laoptop section.

My dear friends .

I need a little help. At work I installed the captain, but I have a difficult problem to solve.

I have a monitor ( Asus 228VE ) , for installation in Yosemite, I had help in InsanelyMac because the monitor was unable to use all possible resolutions in OSX. With the help of a moderator from there we create a monitor profile and that worked perfect, but modifying several files .... after installing the captain , I see the same problems .

I have just 2 resolutions (1280*1024 and 1024*768) and do not recognize the monitor ...

Does anyone know I can do to recognize the monitor and all resolutions ?

Thank you in advance.

After successful installation with a GPT formatted Unibeast USB, I get boot0af error when I try to boot from the SSD I installed El Capitan on.

I have read about boot0af error when trying to boot from the Unibeast USB, but that is not my problem. I get the boot0af error when I try to boot from the SSD with the finished installation on it.

Now I am able to boot into my SSD install by booting from the Unibeast USB, but maybe somebody has found a fix for this particular boot0af problem.

I have a legacy BIOS board by the way, so of course I installed with 'legacy clover'.

i haven't read this whole thread yet, so you may have solved your problem.

i helped a friend install el cap on a ga-z68a mobo. i had previously (some time ago!) installed lion without issues.

on the el cap install on a fresh drive, i kept getting the boot0af error after installing on the HD and trying to boot from the HD. since i thought the "4K disk problem" was thing of the past on modern mobos, i refused to believe that was the problem.

however, after wasting a day, i admitted defeat and followed a guide for fixing the "boot0 error". on boot it still threw a boot0af error, until i REINSTALLED clover legacy. IIRC, i chose boot0ss AND alternate PBR booting. that solved the problem.

good luck

Hi,I have already successfully booted into El Capitan after the installation.
Then, after I installed what is suggested in the official guide (STEP 5: Post-Installation with Clover), I couldn't reboot into El Capitan anymore.
I am stuck at the progress bar (which is full) and the apple logo against a black background.
This is where it gets stuck in verbose mode:

View attachment 158386

Any idea, how I could solve this?! Thanks!

that means you have a problem with your graphics. the problem is not the last thing you see on verbose boot.

in config.plist, "graphics" section, make sure you have the correct setting for your graphics.

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>DualLink</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>

if using internal (intel)gfx, you should have settings as above.

if using an nvidia or ati gfx card, make sure that is set to true and the other 2 set to false.

Installer fails with 'An error occurred while extracting files from the package "Essentials.pkg"...'
One person got farther with a different flash drive
One person fixed it by running UniBeast on a different machine to create the flash drive
One person with 4 RAM sticks fixed it by removing all but 1 RAM stick (though in general, 2 sticks in dual-channel mode is more compatible).

I have tried everything instead of running Unibeast on a different machine.

What other Can I do? I cant find someone in Greece to run Unibeast.

image.jpg

Sorry if this kernel panic has been reported before— trying to install using the latest Unibeast on my Dell System Workstation 690 (Intel xeon dual quad core, 16 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 5000 512 mb)

crashes on IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665.

any suggestions?

Hi guys. First post here and already a problem. El Capitan on [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi, 3770, GTX 650 worked fine until I spent some time configuring the computer, and installing a few apps. Too new to even do a time machine backup. Restarted and it's now hung on boot screen, with Apple logo - goes to the end, but doesn't do anything else. Here's what it looks like in verbose mode, and it looks like an app Karabiner being the problem? Is there anything I can do to get in there and uninstall it?
[/FONT]IMG_0135.jpg[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]
Safe mode doesn't work either. Thanks in advance. If I've screwed it up, I guess I'll just have to reinstall.
[/FONT]

Make sure you haven't got inject nvidia in your Config.plist are you using Nvidia web drivers?

Hi guys. First post here and already a problem. El Capitan on Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi, 3770, GTX 650 worked fine until I spent some time configuring the computer, and installing a few apps. Too new to even do a time machine backup. Restarted and it's now hung on boot screen, with Apple logo - goes to the end, but doesn't do anything else. Here's what it looks like in verbose mode, and it looks like an app Karabiner being the problem? Is there anything I can do to get in there and uninstall it?
View attachment 161422
Safe mode doesn't work either. Thanks in advance. If I've screwed it up, I guess I'll just have to reinstall.

Hi guys. First post here and already a problem. El Capitan on [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi, 3770, GTX 650 worked fine until I spent some time configuring the computer, and installing a few apps. Too new to even do a time machine backup. Restarted and it's now hung on boot screen, with Apple logo - goes to the end, but doesn't do anything else. Here's what it looks like in verbose mode, and it looks like an app Karabiner being the problem? Is there anything I can do to get in there and uninstall it?
[/FONT]View attachment 161422[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back