Contribute
Register

Beta Asus Sandy Bridge Sleep/Wake Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
By "turn off, then turn back on again" do you mean the power light turned off and then it reboot? Attach dsdt and a copy of IOReg.

It never 'rebooted'. When I mean turn off, the fans turned off at least, not sure about the exact state of the motherboard or power light.

See attached ioreg and DSDT.

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl
    340.2 KB · Views: 205
  • ioreg.txt
    53.2 KB · Views: 196
kuhnboy said:
It never 'rebooted'. When I mean turn off, the fans turned off at least, not sure about the exact state of the motherboard or power light.
The ioreg.txt is not useable. Attach a copy of IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As... Are you saying your case does not have a power light. The dsdt edits appear correct.

toleda said:
kuhnboy said:
The ioreg.txt is not useable. Attach a copy of IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As... Are you saying your case does not have a power light. The dsdt edits appear correct.

I went an reverified, so when i mean off the case light, fans, etc did go off. Then came back on, went off again (no 3 beeps this time), came back on. During this time there is no display and no USB power. I'm going to try again a couple times tonight.

Sorry about the ioreg, I have attached a new file.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    436.9 KB · Views: 85
Happy days! :) :) :)

This works for me on Asus P8H67-M

I now have a completely working system - sleep + network + audio + happy me!

Great work dude

toleda said:
philz said:
you mention this is for P8Z68 boards, would this not work on Maximus gene-Z/Gen 3 for example?
Perhaps yes. What happens when you put the Maximus Gene to sleep now?

Well finally got it and was a simple bliss to get running.

Regardless Energy Saver Sleep does not work. Regular sleep does work and I haven't yet found a hiccup (granted only had the board ~3 hours).

Problem is I can't make the DSDT edits, most of the objects you reference "don't exist". Using a DSDT kindly edited by Brycv, but not even he can figure out what to do with the nonexistent objects.

Any idea why? It'd be amazing if you could take a look at it!

Attachments

• MaximusIVGENE-ZGen3.dsl
    415.2 KB · Views: 173
  • DSDT.aml
    47 KB · Views: 188
philz said:
Regardless Energy Saver Sleep does not work. Regular sleep does work and I haven't yet found a hiccup (granted only had the board ~3 hours).

Any idea why? It'd be amazing if you could take a look at it!
Put to Sleep (_PTS) is different. The Z68 dsdt patch will not work as is.
Power Button (PWRB) is the same and already in place.

I suspect all AMI Z77 dsdt will be similar. If there is a sleep problem with your motherboard, the goal would be to find another AMI Z77 BIOS motherboard that sleeps properly. Compare _PTS and edit the problem code with the working code to see if successful sleep transfers to the problem motherboard.

toleda said:
Put to Sleep (_PTS) is different. The Z68 dsdt patch will not work as is.
Power Button (PWRB) is the same and already in place.

I suspect all AMI Z77 dsdt will be similar. If there is a sleep problem with your motherboard, the goal would be to find another AMI Z77 BIOS motherboard that sleeps properly. Compare _PTS and edit the problem code with the working code to see if successful sleep transfers to the problem motherboard.

I'd agree, but it's a Z68 board ;) or do you think this Z68 will have more in common with the Z77's?

This isn't the Maximus V that's Z77, it's the Maximus IV thats Z68, using the same 3K BIOS platform as the P8Z68's (in fact refers to P8Z68 all the time in the manual).

Thats why I'm confused on the DSDT edits.

P.S.
Have gotten one instance of delayed sleep (~3-5 mins after the 1 min setting mark) that is similar to a past Z68-UD4P I had.

Just some information for toleda and others.

I looked in my /Extra folder, and found that the DSDT.aml file date was from a couple of days ago, and there was no backup .aml file in that folder as well.

So I tried to install my DSDT file again, and no modification date changed and no backup file. So I manually copied the DSDT.aml file into the /Extra folder myself... and guess what.

Sleep works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks toleda.

Edit: Another question, when and how does the computer go from a 'light sleep' to more of a 'hibernate'? I know after a certain amount of time on my old iMac that it would transfer the RAM information to disk and go into a deep sleep I believe. Does this work the same way?

kuhnboy said:
Another question, when and how does the computer go from a 'light sleep' to more of a 'hibernate'? I know after a certain amount of time on my old iMac that it would transfer the RAM information to disk and go into a deep sleep I believe. Does this work the same way?[/b]
I've never seen that on a hack, but it's possible to change the default to hibernation (google the instructions, no different from real/fake mac's). It might be dependent on what system definition you are using.

Though in all honesty my previous gen iMac never hibernated no matter how long it was on. Just FYI. Macbook Air does dependent on battery level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back