Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey I am in the process of planning out my g5 build.

And as of that I have a question I hope g5 mod owners can answer for me.
- I have 240 rad in the front part of the case (as intake) but should i place the the fans in front of the rad and up against the front case mesh, or have the rad up against the mesh and the fans mounted on the "back side" of the rad in pull?
I wanna know if any can suggest which is better for minimising the turbulence noise from the fans in the case, I am trying to make a near silent computer

Thanks in advance

I prefer "pull" mode with the fans in the back because you can clean most for the dust from the front of the rad using a brush attachment on a vacuum cleaner without removing the fans. There are also less "dead" areas on the radiator this way because the motor bracing isn't blocking the radiator.

Edit: Here's a video explaining it a little more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyC3lZ5WFMk

I prefer "pull" mode with the fans in the back because you can clean most for the dust from the front of the rad using a brush attachment on a vacuum cleaner without removing the fans. There are also less "dead" areas on the radiator this way because the motor bracing isn't blocking the radiator.

Edit: Here's a video explaining it a little more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyC3lZ5WFMk

Thanks for the reply.

As you surgest i am going to have a 120 rad in the back with a fan in pull most because i think it is more aesthetically pleasing when the case's "rim" can cover up the fan mounted in the back. :)
But do you have any advice for the front part? :D

I think I forgot to mention that i am gonna do a custom loop thith a 240 in the front and a 120 in the back :D

I always prefer pull for easier cleaning and performance is the same either way. If you prefer it one way aesthetically over the other then do it that way.

Hey heretolearn
I dont see how a filter would help to reduce the turbulence noise?
Do you know something I don't? :confused:

I dont wont to be rude:) but i never asked about any dust problem?
I have dust allergies and a take every possible precaution to hold my room dust free (HEPA filter and so on), so keeping dust out of the case wont be a issue.

I just wanna know if anyone have suggestions to what is the best way to mount rad+fans to minimise noise.

:thumbup:
Have a nice day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back