Contribute
Register

Best PCIe Ethernet NIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @pastrychef

Ok so I have reinstalled a clean macOS version of Catalina and ordered the

Synology 10Gb Ethernet Adapter 1 RJ45 Port (E10G18-T1)

The card again works on windows but on macOS Catalina it doesn’t even detect it. However this card doesn’t restart my system as soon as I shut it down it just doesn’t detect it. Anything that you can think of? I just don’t understand why it wouldn’t detect it since the AQC107 is supposed to be natively supported. The frustrating issue is the i211 & i219 Ethernet ports keep bouncing and I can’t think of any reason why other than they are bad ports as it does that too in windows but unfortunately it is too late to return the mobo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doesn't make sense... Please post your EFI folder.

Hi @pastrychef

I have attached my EFI folder, thanks for taking the time, I really appreciate it.

Wow. You have a lot of slot specific SSDTs. Make sure you don't have an SSDT meant for another device for the slot where your NIC is installed.

Wow. You have a lot of slot specific SSDTs. Make sure you don't have an SSDT meant for another device for the slot where your NIC is installed.
Thanks for the quick reply @pastrychef!

I mainly used CaseySJ's OC 0.6.8 EFi folder as that is what was recommended since I have almost identical hardware.

I have PCIE Slot1 disabled because I have my NVIDIA GPU there and only is supported in Win10.

Which ones caught your eye as a concern?

If I have any SSDTs that are unnecessary then I'd be happy to remove them, it's possible I misunderstood something, please let me know.

Thanks for the quick reply @pastrychef!

I mainly used CaseySJ's OC 0.6.8 EFi folder as that is what was recommended since I have almost identical hardware.

I have PCIE Slot1 disabled because I have my NVIDIA GPU there and only is supported in Win10.

Which ones caught your eye as a concern?

If I have any SSDTs that are unnecessary then I'd be happy to remove them, it's possible I misunderstood something, please let me know.

I don't know how your PCI-e slots are numbers... But you can try disabling SSDT-Z390-ARPT and see if it makes any difference.

ok thanks, just will follow your advice hope it's will work on board Z10PE-D16WS
Once again, is this adapter Syba 1 Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Network Card correct?
this card worked fine for me in the latest version of Catalina and now after upgrading to Big Sur it's not recognized but as you said that in Big Sur a KextsToPatch is necessary, so this Patch work great on BS.

For Opencore go to Kernel-Patch.
Identifier = com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion
Comment: AQC 107 10 GbE V2AQC 107 10 GbE V2
Find : 0F84C0020000
Replace : 660F1F440000
tested on OpenCore 0.6.9

Thanks pastrychef

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back