Motherboard
ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a build I did maybe 3 years ago. I'm using a Gigabyte H270N-WIFI board with a KabyLake i5-7400 CPU. I've not used it in about a year and a half. It's currently running High Sierra 10.13.5. It was working ok. Of course the wifi and bluetooth were not working, but that's ok. The hard wired network is working, the surround sound, and USB3 were all fine.

So, I want to start the upgrade process to get it on Catalina. It appears that the Mojave installer was downloaded prior to me not using it, so I have that.

I'm wondering what the best course to take is after backing up the current system. Should I update Clover and all my kexts to the latest versions, then do the Mojave update first, get that working, then go to Catalina? Or should I just make the jump from HS to Catalina?

i don't see the need to update to Mojave as a precursor to get to Catalina - you can go straight to Catalina but I would start from scratch - I have the same specs and Catalina 10.15.6 works 100%.

Maybe this thread is still alive - so I can only recommend switching to OpenCore. It works for H270N (CTDavid - don't get me wrong - but your profiles reads H370N - is that definitely the same specs?) in tandem with 10.15.7. Current version is 0.6.2. Follow the dortania guide to the letter, use SmallTreeIntel82576.kext for second ethernet port above the usb-c port and last but not least join me banging our heads against the indestructible second monitor wall. Black/glitching screen. But if you're happy with one monitor only. This is the perfect way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back