Contribute
Register

Best Mountain Lion Wifi USB Stick, D-Link DWA-131, Really Cheap Price, Only 10 Bucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. I just purchased the usb dongle mentioned in this thread, and I have an old desktop that I just recently hackintoshed.

I couldn't get my hackintosh to work with any of the bootloaders offered in multibeast, so I've just been booting it off of the original installer USB stick (so essentially via unibeast I guess?)

Now the video mentions editing the chameleon bootplist, but I guess I won't have that since I didn't install any bootloader.

Any idea what I can do in my situation??

Some specs

-Gigabyte 965P-DS3 mobo
-Core 2 Duo E6750 CPU
-GeForce 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked GPU

The reason why I don't have any bootloaders/anything from multibeast is because every time I try, the computer does a kernel panic or hangs on boot or something. I've found that the only way to reliably boot is via the original installer stick every time.

Thanks for your help!
I had a similar problem on my other computer. I found installing the network drivers for my mobo (even though I use a USB wireless) solved my problem with logging into iCloud and the App Store.

This USB stick is a piece of crap, guys. The signal is so bad it's unusable. I cannot connect to the network in my office or at my house (can't on Windows either, not a driver issue), but my native wifi card picks it up at full speed.

I would not recommend this unless you are literally in the same room as your router, in which case you should just hardwire anyways.

This device work with mavericks or no ?:crazy:

google AWUS036NHR_MacOS10.9_Driver_83.27.07_UI_2.0.2.zip

works by me with 10.9.1 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back