Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I need the equivalent of a new Macbook Pro (17 in screen preferred) but don't see the point in spending a couple of thousand on the hardware. I already own a Macbook but it's one of the older models and I can't say I'm really satisfied w/ it enough to buy another one.

What current model laptops have people been able to fully setup w/ everything working and no issues?

I already have a desktop I use daily, I need a laptop for mobile use. There's no way in hell I'm paying 2500 bucks for a freaking laptop though. I own just about every Apple device known to man but the pricing on the MB Pros is just ridiculous.

Is there a specific probook that works? It looks like they have AMD and Intel graphics options. I haven't had the greatest experience trying to use AMD graphics on my builds in the past.

I can't find any details on the mobos, chipsets, etc would help. I've been able to get OSX running on a few laptops but they've always had issues. The ancient Dell D600 will run fine, for example but the crappy AMD graphics are completely non-compatible and will only run in non accelerated mode (which is just unusable, IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back