Contribute
Register

Best HP ProBook model for OSX Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done installs on two ProBook 6360bs now, and the only thing that doesn't work is WiFi (£11 for a new card, delivered) and VGA (waiting to get a DP cable to see if that works).

Hi, I have just bought 6360b and have been into the BIOS to check the settings. I see it has UEFI support. Is this full UEFI or some sort of 'pseudo' support? Should I enable it before installing?

NB I was expecting that Wifi wouldn't work, so I have ordered a reclaimed Broadcom card. Where do you get a new one for £11 delivered?
Also, I didn't realise there would be any problems with video. I understand DP to be the DisplayPort but I have never used one. Is it the case that the inbuilt VGA connector will not work, and I have to use the DisplayPort for external connection? It appears there are DP-VGA and DP-HDMI cables. Why would you use VGA? Is it a limitation of the hackintosh build, or could I use HDMI?

6360b QuickSpecs (http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04284544.pdf);
DisplayPort
Supports resolutions up to 2560 x 1600, 30-bit color depth at 60Hz, and full HD (1920 x 1080) monitors, 24-bit color depth at 120 Hz

Many thanks

I have 6460b and VGA works very well. You just have to go to Settings -> Displays -> hold Option key and click "Find Displays" or something (I don't know how it's written in english version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back