Contribute
Register

best compatible and cheap lga 2011 motherboard for i7 4820k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm going to build a hackintosh (I'm a first timer) and if i get enough money i am going to go with the i7 4820k which is lga 2011. which is a good affordable motherboard around $100 that will work well with that cpu? and do i need to get a cpu cooler or graphics card if I'm not going to game on it? also i need a cheap wifi card that is compatible with mavericks/mountain lion. I'm fitting this all in a fractal design r4 case and trying to keep the price tag close to $700-$800 please help!

I'm going to build a hackintosh (I'm a first timer) and if i get enough money i am going to go with the i7 4820k which is lga 2011. which is a good affordable motherboard around $100 that will work well with that cpu? and do i need to get a cpu cooler or graphics card if I'm not going to game on it? also i need a cheap wifi card that is compatible with mavericks/mountain lion. I'm fitting this all in a fractal design r4 case and trying to keep the price tag close to $700-$800 please help!

That CPU would require an X79 motherboard. You can't get a new one of those for around $100.
They start at over $200. You could get the 4770K and a Z87 board and get closer to your mobo
price target. Look in the Buyer's Guide for a Z87 motherboard that fits your needs. The Z87X-D3H
would be a nice choice for your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back