Contribute
Register

Best build for £1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, looking to build myself a pretty powerful PC that is capable of running 3D Studio max well within Windows 10 as well as booting into OS X for Final Cut Pro when required.

Quite out of touch with building a PC, last time was probably a decade ago at least.

What's the best build I can get for my money and which is also compatible with OSX? A good graphics card is a must I guess. Maybe at least 8 cores on the CPU?

Suggestions please :)

Hey all, looking to build myself a pretty powerful PC that is capable of running 3D Studio max well within Windows 10 as well as booting into OS X for Final Cut Pro when required.

Quite out of touch with building a PC, last time was probably a decade ago at least.

What's the best build I can get for my money and which is also compatible with OSX? A good graphics card is a must I guess. Maybe at least 8 cores on the CPU?

Suggestions please :)
Best thing to do is check the buyers guide - the link is right up there on the left ^ next to the Home button. It has a list of compatible hardware with links to Amazon for pricing up. Also it depends a lot on your existing hardware (case, power supply, drives etc.) if you just need motherboard, ram, CPU and GPU you can get a lot more power for your £1000 than if you need to buy literally everything.

Thanks. Quick question. If I wanted an 8 core setup is it a case of buying two quad cores and a motherboard that accepts two processor installs or is an 8 core processor one single processor?

I'm quite out of touch as you can probably tell :)

Is there a big difference? Would like that extra bit of oomph when using Adobe Premier in Win 10 etc

Is there a big difference? Would like that extra bit of oomph when using Adobe Premier in Win 10 etc
Adobe Premiere is terrible with regards to optimisation - you absolutely do not need 8 cores it will never use them all in any meaningful way. You would find the i7 6700 perfectly suitable for your needs.

Ok so far I think I'll go for the 6700k i7 and the gtx 970 graphics card.

Last year I installed a crucial 500gb ssd in a Mac mini which I could recycle in this build I'm guessing with no major performance decline.

heres a good build i put together for your needs (prices in USD , You Can Convert them)

i7 6700k--342$
MSI GTX 970--359$
SSD--Already Owned By You
GA-Z170M-D3H--100$
Corsair CS650 WATT--80$
H100i For good Cooling--100$
Wifi Adapter--40$
A Case Of Your Choice which could be around 50$-100$

This Build Should Be A total sum of 800 GBP or 1131$ depending on the choice of the case.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've actually already ordered and it's pretty much the above but with a gigabyte gaming 7 motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back