Contribute
Register

Best Budget Intel Motherboard for music and video production i5/i7/i9 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I go with the "Gigabyte z490 vision G"
what is the best Value Nvme SSD and RAM to use.
I don't necessary need the fastest just the best value.
I want to use 32gb RAM.
I will be using a Radeon graphics card or Nvidia as soon as I can get my hands on one.
They are out of stock right now.
Whats the best graphics card to use for this build ?
Any graphic card will do. The build is for music. I use RX580 8GB and RX570 4GB for my builds, work great, without any drivers. Potentially may work just fine with intel GPU (630).
For details I just built Asus z490 build,
32GB of RAM,
CPU Intel i9-10850,
GPU Asus RX 580 8GB
NVME M2 Samsung 1TB
Storage: 4TB hard drive and 0.5TB SSD for the music storage.

However, if you got that much money for Gigabyte (which I don't trust - my new Gigabyte Aorus Master Z490 stopped booting after first boot and I am stuck with expensive loss on that board), may I recommend a new Macbook Pro for you. It has very serious computing power.

my new Gigabyte Aorus Master Z490 stopped booting after first boot and I am stuck with expensive loss on that board)
These boards do have a 3 year warranty. Have you tried the RMA process ?

These boards do have a 3 year warranty. Have you tried the RMA process ?
Well, no. Where I live, Gigabyte doesn't have an office, and international shipments I don't know if they accept them. I heard even in US people have difficulties RMA-ing Gigabyte, so...I just gave up and promised myself no more Gigabytes. Asus boards on other hand, always worked for me so I will stick with Asus.

I just gave up
May be worth a try if this was an expensive motherboard.
Go through the registration and warranty check here: https://ggcs.gigabyte.com/GIGABYTE-RMA-Login-User.aspx
If it is truly a failed motherboard and you didn't cause the failure by something you did to it, they should replace the board. If you do send it back make sure to place the plastic cover over the CPU socket or they won't accept it.

and international shipments I don't know if they accept them.
Gigabyte is a large international company, in the top 2 of mobo makers worldwide, with customers worldwide, of course they accept them.

Asus boards on other hand, always worked for me so I will stick with Asus.
When or if you get a replacement board that is new, resell it to recover the costs or give it to someone else that could use it.

May be worth a try if this was an expensive motherboard. Go through the registration and warranty check here: https://ggcs.gigabyte.com/GIGABYTE-RMA-Login-User.aspx If it is truly a failed motherboard and you didn't cause the failure by something you did to it, they should replace the board. If you do send it back make sure to place the plastic cover over the CPU socket or they won't accept it. Gigabyte is a large international company, in the top 2 of mobo makers worldwide, with customers worldwide, of course they accept them.
When or if you get a replacement board that is new, resell it to recover the costs or give it to someone else that could use it.

OK I will give it a try :) thank you

I think I will try this board

ASUS ProArt Z490-CREATOR​

CPU performance, yes. Quality? It depends what you mean by it…
11th generation and later has no supported iGPU for display. Thunderbolt hotplug depends on the manufacturer. Alder Lake boots… but has no working USB 3 for now.

For a production machine, the current recommendation is still to go for Z490 with 10th generation CPU (or older). And then the issue is finding a motherboard before supply is exhausted. Reliability and support rather than performance.
Or go for Apple Silicon…

Okay, Do z490 motherboard support the fast 7gb per second SSD’s and
which motherboard/7gb Nvme SSD combo works good and stable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back