Contribute
Register

Before You Install Audio - Desktop/Realtek/AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My original Sierra 10.12.x install had audio working through my Altec Surround system. Not sure if it was perfect, but it was the best hackintosh support I've had for those external speaker ever. At some point in time it stopped working. Not sure which reboot/patch caused it to stop, but now the only sound I get is through my Apple Cinema display through USB audio. So I'm looking over this guide to and looking at the requirements in Post #1 and see Audio IDs 1,2,3 are supported. I have no idea which Audio ID I'm on, so I download and run IORegistryExplorer V2.1 and find layout id Data <0b 00 00 00> I think this means I'm out of luck for this guide, but wanted to confirm since I had audio working previously.

BTW My build information is up to date in my profile, but for posterity I'm currently running a GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5 which I believe is Realtek ALC1220 .

1. IOReg/CodecDevice not found even applied fix suggested. Only happened on macOS 10.13.4 (17E202), the same process was successfully performed on 10.13.1 with same hardware.

OS X version: macOS 10.13.4 (17E202)

BIOS version:

MB model: Asus Prime Z370-A

Processer: i7-8700K

Graphics: EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6G

3. Before You Install Audio - Desktop/Realtek/AppleHDA [Guide] post#2, stuck at step 6

4. Attachment

5. Attachment

6.Attachment

7.Attachment(Intel High Definition Audio not found)

8. No script used

9. Attachment

Attachments

• Report.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 117
Hello.

My problem is I have no audio and the speaker icon on system tray is grayed out. This happened on an old system which I hadn't used in a long time. I was running 10.12.3 last time system was working okay. I recently used the computer, and updated everything that was available, including system update (10.12.6) and security updates. After this, no audio.

I ran cloverALC-130.command and this happens:

File: audio_cloverALC-130.command_v0.5
Release Mode
Password:
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.

OK to patch
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/.../HD Audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed

System is an i7 2600k, on an Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 motherboard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi everybody!

I'm new on it and got a Hackintosh with El Capitan working with Sabertooth Z77 + i7 3770 + GTX 970 + SoundBlaster X-Fi. My USB always had trouble, but I didn't care!
I have also a MacPro 5.1 and tried to put a GTX 1070Ti, but had no success... I use it im my HomeStudio for audio and video creation.
So, the video card of my Hack has died. And after, the HD went to the cemetery too...
I put a new HD and the GTX 1070Ti, and installed High Sierra. I was surprised that the video card is working so good, but I have no sound. Then a took off the X-Fi and turned on the MoBo sound (ALC892). And nothing of audio too...
I don't know what to do!

See Post #1/Problem Reporting, post to linked thread
Thanks, man! I don't know what I've done here, but today it's all working fine here! Yesterday, no sound! Today, Pro Tools, Final Cut, videos, audios... Everything working!
I think you're magicians....Now I need to discover how to make a GTX 1070 TI works in my Mac Pro...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back