Contribute
Register

Before You Install Audio - Desktop/Realtek/AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
may be DVI audio option overrides realtek in some way under Osx?
Different codecs, not possible. Simply, Realtek audio works with DVI audio enabled or disabled.

Last edited:
Different codecs, not possible. Simply, Realtek audio works with DVI audio enabled or disabled.
Yes, in windows. If I enable dvi audio, onboard audio devices just disappear in Osx. Triple checked with clean installs, with or without suplemental update, before and after any other drivers installation. Just informing, in case someone have the same issue.
I have to make clear that there is a particularity in my setup. There is two discrete graphic cards installed, a GTX1060 and a AMD radeon HD6670, with the integrated Intel hd630 activated. My knowledge is very limited so I do not know is this has something to do. That is how I need my setup so I won't try anything different like putting off one of the cards.

Last edited:
I put together a new computer based on the ASRock Z370M Pro motherboard, running High Sierra 10.13.4. I have everything running except for sound. The motherboard states that it has a Realtek 892 installed.

I'm able to see the correct HDEF device in IOReg, and I know that I have HD Audio enabled in the BIOS. I'm unable to see the any codecs, however. Any suggestions on how to move past this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 5.07.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 5.07.27 PM.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 174
  • EFI.zip
    21.1 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I put together a new computer based on the ASRock Z370M Pro motherboard, running High Sierra 10.13.4. I have everything running except for sound. The motherboard states that it has a Realtek 892 installed.

I'm able to see the correct HDEF device in IOReg, and I know that I have HD Audio enabled in the BIOS. I'm unable to see the any codecs, however. Any suggestions on how to move past this?

I am facing a similar issue with my rog strix z370i.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 5.06.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 5.06.29 PM.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 162
  • EFI.zip
    22 MB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back