i3-10105T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Optiplex 3090 Micro 10105-T: The DVMT and CFG-Lock was set to 64MB from a shell tool: modgrubshell. This required knowing a hexadecimal offset.

The Dell BIOS will be remotely updated. Before I update, I need to know:

1) Does the DVMT location / offset change? CFG-LOCK?
2) Will the BIOS data be reset?

Ideally, if I were clever, I would have been able to conjure the right keywords for a Google search, as I am virtually certain I am not the first to have these questions. If you are this clever or have Dell BIOS experience, please share the keywords and any thought process. As always: I am grateful to be supported by this helpful community.

Optiplex 3090 Micro 10105-T: The DVMT and CFG-Lock was set to 64MB from a shell tool: modgrubshell. This required knowing a hexadecimal offset.

The Dell BIOS will be remotely updated. Before I update, I need to know:

Ideally, if I were clever, I would have been able to conjure the right keywords for a Google search, as I am virtually certain I am not the first to have these questions. If you are this clever or have Dell BIOS experience, please share the keywords and any thought process. As always: I am grateful to be supported by this helpful community.
Got running Sonoma on Dell Optiplex 3090 MFF
Its a i3 10th Gen 8GB RAM
The only way i was successful to install and boot BigSur,Montery and Sonoma was use the Orilla EFI from the BigSur USB Image. Got no Sound, no BT, WLAN and no GFX acceleration (7MB)
Dear gatorback, have look you got the same Optiplex. Can you give me your EFI if your Optiplex is running correctly?
Cheers.

I have update from 2.5.1 to 2.14.0
After the update the systemstart halts with a message ; system can not read voltage from the power supply.
You can continue and select dont show again.

1) No
2) No

Got running Sonoma on Dell Optiplex 3090 MFF
Its a i3 10th Gen 8GB RAM
The only way i was successful to install and boot BigSur,Montery and Sonoma was use the Orilla EFI from the BigSur USB Image. Got no Sound, no BT, WLAN and no GFX acceleration (7MB)
Dear gatorback, have look you got the same Optiplex. Can you give me your EFI if your Optiplex is running correctly?
Cheers.
I would suggest that you use the Dortania Opencore guide and start by downloading the latest version of Opencore. If your cpu is CML (comet lake), then you can start here:

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/comet-lake.html

You can look at config.plist and kexts for hints to accelerate the process: https://github.com/hackintosh-club/DELL-3090MFF-OpenCore

Back