Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BCM94360CD... BT cannot connect but, WiFi works

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... AliExpress is likely my best option.
Here's the official Fenvi store on Ali

For anyone in the USA note that it gets shipped on a very slow boat from China. 42 days ! o_O
I wonder if they have slaves rowing a wooden boat across the ocean ?

The seller finally woke up and responded now. (after amazon issued refund) They indicated that a "software reset" of the card would fix the problem... Any idea what they are talking about or how to do that?

Not sure... maybe lost in the translation. Maybe a firmware upgrade? I think you exhausted all the reasonable avenues to you with these cards. Did you get a driver disk with it? Maybe you have to initialise the card in Windows beforehand? My Chinese sourced card came with drivers all in Chinese, and it had a BT driver which I had to run under windows, but I can't remember if it was a prerequisite for it to work in macOS.

Not sure... maybe lost in the translation. Maybe a firmware upgrade? I think you exhausted all the reasonable avenues to you with these cards. Did you get a driver disk with it? Maybe you have to initialise the card in Windows beforehand? My Chinese sourced card came with drivers all in Chinese, and it had a BT driver which I had to run under windows, but I can't remember if it was a prerequisite for it to work in macOS.
Hello Jim,

Yes, it came with a fenvi driver disk. Which causes me to firmly believe it is identical to the Fenvi adapter.

It is VERY inconvenient to initialize the card under Windows. MasterZee is the only system with Windows installed on it. And, I don't want to go futzing around with that one again.

I will await the seller's response before proceeding with the return. If they work once touched by Windows, I can briefly install windows on RevengeOfZee to do that. Pain in the bu77. Yet, better than waiting another several weeks for new adapters.

Hi Ken, maybe you can see if you can get card to work in your Linux Live USB stick, and see what Linux identifies it as. You can run a command like lspci in a terminal which will list all the PCI Devices and if you run it with the -v option, then you should get a more verbose option. You can send the output to a text file on the desktop by running lspci -v > ~/Desktop/LSPCI.txt

Hi Ken, maybe you can see if you can get card to work in your Linux Live USB stick, and see what Linux identifies it as. You can run a command like lspci in a terminal which will list all the PCI Devices and if you run it with the -v option, then you should get a more verbose option. You can send the output to a text file on the desktop by running lspci -v > ~/Desktop/LSPCI.txt
Must have been very tired last night when I wrote this! The BT hangs of the USB bus, so looking at the PCI bus will only show you the WiFi side of things. If you want more detail on that command run it with sudo lspci -vv (double vv).
For the USB BT side of things, run lsusb -v in a terminal

The seller replied with the typical "delete the bluetooth plist" and "remove the system Configuration folder" methods.
I informed them that this was information anyone with an internet connection would know and, had already been attempted with no result. I then explained the difference between resetting a DEVICE and resetting a software interface.

If the device cannot be properly reset or initialized, then it is worthless on hacks and should not be advertised as such.

Anyway, I am going to 'try' initializing them in Windows and moving them to a hack... Worth a shot I supposed.

@jb007
I will try Linux Live if Windows doesn't work out.

Last edited:
PSA:

Hello again guys!

I just wanted to put out the word here that the Amazon (and AliEx I think) seller is a liar and a fraud.

The attached picture is what is actually installed in THIS card being sold on Amazon.

Thank ALL of you for trying to help me install this "BCM94360CD" adapter... No wonder we couldn't get it to work! It is actually a BCM943602CS (as @jb007 ) suspected.

The seller currently calls themselves "Orange Juice". But, I believe the fraud claim I have lodged with Amazon may put a dent in his [sic] activities.

I bought a CD adapter because I wanted a Plug and Play adapter. Not one that needed to install Rehabman's complete repository in order to work.

As you may be able to see, I was none too gentle with removing the RF shield which concealed the card.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 107
No wonder we couldn't get it to work! It is actually a BCM943602CS (as @jb007 ) suspected.
From what I've read on this site, many people use that card with success. I have the 94360CD so i've not used one of those. I think it's a card from a Macbook Air if it's genuine, anyway.

From what I've read on this site, many people use that card with success. I have the 94360CD so i've not used one of those. I think it's a card from a Macbook Air if it's genuine, anyway.

Yes. I'm sure we could get it to work. But, I wanted the CD model so that I didn't have to worry about all the extra effort. It was disappointing to be duped by an unscrupulous seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back