Contribute
Register

BCM943602CS has working WiFi but not Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
No firmware/drivers loaded, and none found automatically (Error 28 in Windows 10). Both the wifi and bluetooth modules appear in Device Managers as "Other Devices" ("Broadcom Bluetooth Download Device" and "Network Controller"). After installing various Boot Camp drivers (AppleBroadcomBluetooth64, BroadcomBluetooth64, BroadcomWirelessWin8x64), the wifi adapter is recognized and I can see/connect to wireless networks, but Bluetooth is still unrecognized.

You would need to find appropriate Windows drivers for the device and install them properly before you could extract any useful information in Windows.

Similar to pat59's problem, I have this card working with WiFi but not Bluetooth. (The title says 94360CD, but the image and description say 943602CS.) The device appears in IOReg under USB, in System Profiler under USB, and in DPCIManager. However, it does NOT appear in System Profiler under Bluetooth, and I do NOT have the Bluetooth preference pane active in System Preferences.

Running OS X 10.11.6 (15G1217) on an Asus Maximus VIII Gene (Z170).

I have edited my USB whatsits to disable certain ports, including all motherboard USB2.0 headers EXCEPT the one that the card is plugged in to.

Attached: ioreg, /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover (less themes, SMBIOS scrubbed).

I have the same 943602CS card but the pci-e adaptor is slightly different. Bluetooth only works when I connect the USB cable to the motherboard port.

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86com-21

Bluetooth only works when I connect the USB cable to the motherboard port.

Yes, I am aware. This is expected. My problem here was in the card itself, which apparently was using the wrong Product ID. I am returning it.

Hi Guys,

Recently I got this card : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86-21

With and without FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext:
  1. wifi works OOB.
  2. My system also picks up the BT controller.

Unfortunately bluetooth will not allow me to pair with my iphone. It picks up the iPhone, connects and then after 3 seconds drop connection.

I have check some stuff:

1. Under systemPreferences/Sharing... Bluetooth sharing is definitely on

2. I have connected the 9 pin female header connected to mobo and the BC943602CS card. This picks up BT but behaviors is that BT drop connection

3.Repors here :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bcm943602cs-combo-card.211742/page-16#post-1568388 indicate 9 pin header do not connect well. So, I thought let me try using mini USB to USB cable. This picks up BT but behaviors is that BT drop connection after 3 seconds

4. I also implemented FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext. System picked up BT but drops connection

Attached please see my problem report files.

Please could someone advice what other possible things I can try.

tx.

Attachments

• Problem-Report.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 114
Unfortunately bluetooth will not allow me to pair with my iphone. It picks up the iPhone, connects and then after 3 seconds drop connection.

As expected.
The iPhone does not pair, it uses BT4LE.

As expected.
The iPhone does not pair, it uses BT4LE.
I've got bcm943602cs too,but BT not work, only I start once Windows fisrt,
And something interesting that if BT works the ID is 0x0A5C : 0x8290, if not work, ID is 0x0A5C: 0x21FF,

why??? puzzle me!

Attachments

• Problem-Report.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Sorry about that!

Now,I upload the file,
I use ozmosis bios with dsdt,

THKS

Your kexcache output shows unnecessary patches to kexts:
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext IOBluetoothFamily.kext

And also shows that BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext are not installed.

Your kexcache output shows unnecessary patches to kexts:
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext IOBluetoothFamily.kext

And also shows that BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext are not installed.
This card is native ,am I right ?
The patch is to add pid in iobluetooth,without patch,can not recognize BT,
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext , I don't find my card ID,so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back