Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BCM94352Z not working with BlueToolFixup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is all making sense now, Monterey on Intel is running on a virtual machine.

What??? That's crazy. Don't make up nonsense.

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 9.33.37 PM.png

Last edited:
Monterey on Intel is running on a virtual machine.
The Monterey installer wouldn't be over 12GB in size if that were true. Half of the code is for Intel and the other half for M1/Arm.

What??? That's crazy. Don't make up nonsense.

View attachment 532702
If you think about it, is not a completely crazy statement. I can always test out the system resource usage, on both Big Sur and Monterey. But that will have to wait til Monterey 12.1 is out. My Geekbench is about the same though.

If you think about it, is not a completely crazy statement. I can always test out the system resource usage, on both Big Sur and Monterey. But that will have to wait til Monterey 12.1 is out. My Geekbench is about the same though.

Please show me the vm process in activity monitor.

Oh well, 16GB RAM was not enough for 12.0.1 to run smoothly with some workload

If/when you run out of physical RAM, macOS will start using virtual memory. When this happens, it can affect performance but your system shouldn't crash.

Check your hardware and/or OpenCore configuration for stability issues.

Monterey is not a virtual machine. That's just made up BS.

If/when you run out of physical RAM, macOS will start using virtual memory. When this happens, it can affect performance but your system shouldn't crash.

Check your hardware and/or OpenCore configuration for stability issues.

Monterey is not a virtual machine. That's just made up BS.
Just investigating the cause of the drop in performance. All my benchmarks were similar on both Big Sur and Monterey, and my system never crashed, just "sluggish" when using certain apps, especially the native Mac apps like: Preview and Finder etc. Sluggish is not the best description, is more like unresponsive at the start, then suddenly the process is instant, and the animation speeds up to catch up for the lost time. I guess you need less RAM to experience this.

Not sure if Rosetta 2 works both ways. Translating both x86 to arm64, and vice versa. I guess the Native Mac Apps would have been moved to arm64 already on Monterey. That's may be why some apps like Finder, Preview feel sluggish on Monterey.

Just investigating the cause of the drop in performance. All my benchmarks were similar on both Big Sur and Monterey, and my system never crashed, just "sluggish" when using certain apps, especially the native Mac apps like: Preview and Finder etc. Sluggish is not the best description, is more like unresponsive at the start, then suddenly the process is instant, and the animation speeds up to catch up for the lost time. I guess you need less RAM to experience this.

Not sure if Rosetta 2 works both ways. Translating both x86 to arm64, and vice versa. I guess the Native Mac Apps would have been moved to arm64 already on Monterey. That's may be why some apps like Finder, Preview feel sluggish on Monterey.

Preview is Universal Binary.

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 10.26.53 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back