Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BCM94352Z not working with BlueToolFixup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have managed to make the wifi and bluetooth work on dw1560 and mac os x 12.0.1

Captura de pantalla 2021-10-31 a las 10.28.39.jpg

add these kext:
airportbrcmfixup
airportbrcmnic_injector
bluetoolfixup
remove these ketx:
brcmfirmwaredata
brcmpatchram3

Attachments

• kext.zip
    34.5 KB · Views: 278
add these kext:
airportbrcmfixup
airportbrcmnic_injector
bluetoolfixup
remove these ketx:
brcmfirmwaredata
brcmpatchram3
If WiFi is not needed, just Bluetooth, can the airportxxx kexts be deleted? Will BlueToolFixup.kext be all that is needed in that case? Currently on Big Sur, we are not using Airport at all, and Bluetooth is working with the previous set of brcmxxx kexts. (This is on the "Mini-ITX 2" computer listed below, not the one at left.)

If WiFi is not needed, just Bluetooth, can the airportxxx kexts be deleted? Will BlueToolFixup.kext be all that is needed in that case? Currently on Big Sur, we are not using Airport at all, and Bluetooth is working with the previous set of brcmxxx kexts. (This is on the "Mini-ITX 2" computer listed below, not the one at left.)
yes

I have managed to make the wifi and bluetooth work on dw1560 and mac os x 12.0.1

View attachment 532729
add these kext:
airportbrcmfixup
airportbrcmnic_injector
bluetoolfixup
remove these ketx:
brcmfirmwaredata
brcmpatchram3

I tried this and was not successful. Any other ideas?

Frank

Second opinion: Yes.

Second opinion: Yes.
eliminating the bluetooth kext and adding the bluetootofixup, bluetooth worked for me the first time.
what cost me the most was to make the wifi work, if you delete the kext airport you will be without wifi

eliminating the bluetooth kext and adding the bluetootofixup, bluetooth worked for me the first time.
what cost me the most was to make the wifi work, if you delete the kext airport you will be without wifi
I could easily choose blissful ignorance, because my Prime Z490-A is only WiFi capable if and when I purchase a separate WiFi module for the board.

From what I've read, there does seem to be much confusion about whether (or not) to use some (or all) of the kexts, and have either (or both) Bluetooth and WiFi working. The universally correct answer is always: It depends on your hardware, OS, and devices. :confused:

I am using dw1560 it is a broadcom card that has wifi and bluetooth.
for it to work you have to inject several ketx.
If the correct ones are not injected, it may not work, only wifi work or only bluetooth or both.

I am using dw1560 it is a broadcom card that has wifi and bluetooth.
for it to work you have to inject several ketx.
If the correct ones are not injected, it may not work, only wifi work or only bluetooth or both.
For the Intel AX201 Bluetooth only the BlueToolFixup.kext plus the latest Intel firmware is needed. I've also read that using the appropriate OpenIntelWireless kext seems to restore full WiFi functionality, again for the Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back