Contribute
Register

Battery Manager with Fix for Boot without Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battery Issues With a HP Probook 4540s

I recently purchased a Probook 4540s with a ivy bridge i3-3110M processor. I went through the steps of the clover installation. After it was all done and said everything worked except for the battery. It showed the battery percentage but says "battery not charging, power source power adapter." The funny thing is that it won't even boot from the battery, not even to the hp logo. I tried taking out the battery and unplugging power adapter, then pressing the power button down for 1 minute, which did not solve my problem. I've also tried multiple patches for the dsdt. I come to the conclusion that my dtdt is giving me trouble or the battery connector. By the way, I'm use the genuine hp battery that says "REPLACE WITH HP SPARE 633805-001." The battery indicator also doesn't turn orange when plugged into the power adapter. I'm just wanting your opinion on what to do. Thanks so much for your time!

I recently purchased a Probook 4540s with a ivy bridge i3-3110M processor. I went through the steps of the clover installation. After it was all done and said everything worked except for the battery. It showed the battery percentage but says "battery not charging, power source power adapter." The funny thing is that it won't even boot from the battery, not even to the hp logo. I tried taking out the battery and unplugging power adapter, then pressing the power button down for 1 minute, which did not solve my problem. I've also tried multiple patches for the dsdt. I come to the conclusion that my dtdt is giving me trouble or the battery connector. By the way, I'm use the genuine hp battery that says "REPLACE WITH HP SPARE 633805-001." The battery indicator also doesn't turn orange when plugged into the power adapter. I'm just wanting your opinion on what to do. Thanks so much for your time!

Sounds like you have a hardware problem.

Do an EC reset to see if that fixes your issue... If not, replace the battery or AC adapter whichever one is faulty.

Sounds like you have a hardware problem.

Do an EC reset to see if that fixes your issue... If not, replace the battery or AC adapter whichever one is faulty.

Thanks for your help. I opened up my computer and found out that a wire, on my battery harness, had some bare wire showing. I put some uv glue on the bare spot and then put the computer back together. Now it seems to be working like a charm. Thanks again for telling me what to look into!

Hi, Rehabman,

Here is the dsdt battery patch for my Dell Inspiron 7548 laptop. I tested it and worked fine. Maybe you can added it to your patch source. Thanks.

Attachments

• Battery.zip
    798 bytes · Views: 172
Hi, Rehabman,

Here is the dsdt battery patch for my Dell Inspiron 7548 laptop. I tested it and worked fine. Maybe you can added it to your patch source. Thanks.

Post native DSDT. Note: There are several patches already in the repo that are very similar...

Post native DSDT. Note: There are several patches already in the repo that are very similar...

Here it is. Yes, actually I modified another dsdt patch for Dell to make it suitable for mine.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 95
Hi RehabMan,
I use this kext, but it doesn't work well, sometime I disconnect AC Adapter, the icon of battery and some area of the screen became a yellow area, so I clone a copy of this code repo, It seems that it doesn's deal with the AC Adapter Disconnect Event in main loop? Or other reason cause this paoblem, I want to fix it, what should I do?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back