Contribute
Register

Battery Manager with Fix for Boot without Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do a fresh install.

This is a fresh install. Since this is a notebook it's a little tricky to start from scratch again now that everything is set up.
The most part of the fixes are in the dsdt or in clover injected kext so i will not have to do everything again but i just finished to move my data and reinstalling applications.
I'll do a fresh install if i can find another disc to install.
In case i'll report here

This is a fresh install. Since this is a notebook it's a little tricky to start from scratch again now that everything is set up.
The most part of the fixes are in the dsdt or in clover injected kext so i will not have to do everything again but i just finished to move my data and reinstalling applications.
I'll do a fresh install if i can find another disc to install.
In case i'll report here

You can do a clean install to another partition.

You should also install the debug ACPIBatteryManager to see if there is anything interesting in system.log.

Seems like this is a problem higher up in OS X though...

You might try updating to Mavericks to see if anything is fixed.

You can do a clean install to another partition.

No space available. Using a 60gb ssd. On my main 250ssd i have windows 7 and windows 8 that i must keep intact cause i use them as "production systems".
I experiment with osx on the msata hdd and i have just one

Btw as i said this IS a fresh install. I installed just 5 days ago and patched just what is strictly needed. I don't see how another installation can help us on this issue. If you can clarify this maybe i can better understand

Thanks

No space available. Using a 60gb ssd. On my main 250ssd i have windows 7 and windows 8 that i must keep intact cause i use them as "production systems".
I experiment with osx on the msata hdd and i have just one

Btw as i said this IS a fresh install. I installed just 5 days ago and patched just what is strictly needed. I don't see how another installation can help us on this issue. If you can clarify this maybe i can better understand

Thanks

Without knowing what exactly "patched just what is strictly needed" is, I cannot say...

What version of ML?

without knowing what exactly "patched just what is strictly needed" is, i cannot say...

What version of ml?

ml??

I stated before that i have this issue in mavericks. both 10.9.1 and 10.9.5
The fresh install is a 10.9.5
I'll give the debug version a try

Mountain Lion. It is the forum that you're posting in...

Ok, sorry. Did not realized... I though this was the Acpibatterymanager thread.

Sorry again...

I'll open a new thread in Mav area

Hi,

I tired installing this kext in the Extension folder, but after that it started saying unable to find ACPI driver and its not booting at all.

Can you tell how to install it and make it work.

I am having IBM T440 with 10.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back