Contribute
Register

Battery Manager with Fix for Boot without Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the issue you are reporting here is that when the laptop wakes up, even though the AC adapter is not connected, the power status shows Power Source: Power Adapter.

I tried the following and was not able to reproduce the problem:

- unplugged the AC adapter
- verified Power Source: Battery in menu bar
- put laptop to sleep with AppleMenu -> Sleep
- woke laptop up with power button

If you are taking different steps to reproduce this problem, please let me know what they are. Thanks,

unplug ac it show on battery power

I tried the following and was not able to awake:

- try to woke laptop but don't wake up with power button
- hard reboot
-Power Source: Battery in menu bar
-draining fast in 10 min came to 80%

unplug ac it show on battery power

I tried the following and was not able to awake:

- try to woke laptop but don't wake up with power button
- hard reboot
-Power Source: Battery in menu bar
-draining fast in 10 min came to 80%

That all seems normal. Showing "Power Source: Battery" when no AC adapter plugged in (ie. you never plugged in the AC adapter in your description above).

But it sounds like you have sleep (and perhaps power management) issues unrelated to battery kext.

DSDT for 4340 downloaded will test after dinner in 20 min or so :)

btw who need i5 smbios.plist & org.chameleon.Boot.plist for HP ProBook 4540s Intel Core i5 3 i5-3210M / 2.5 GHz

got kp voodooHDA & AppleHDA is the cause
so removed those 2
now booting without issue.

need working HDA kext
please

Attachments

• IMG_4192.JPG
    IMG_4192.JPG
    355.2 KB · Views: 242
That all seems normal. Showing "Power Source: Battery" when no AC adapter plugged in (ie. you never plugged in the AC adapter in your description above).

But it sounds like you have sleep (and perhaps power management) issues unrelated to battery kext.

plugged back now on ac cool !!!

so removed those 2

need working HDA kext
please

This is really going off topic (battery kext -> DSDT patching), but... how did you get your 4x40s DSDT?

What I would suggest is look at the attached zip, which contains most of the patches required for the 4x30s DSDT (you apply these patches in "DSDT Editor"). I think they are bit old, and I don't even remember where they came from, but maybe they are applicable to the 4x40s?? I would also recommend doing some diffs between the DSDTs in the ProBook installer against your patched DSDT for your 4x40s to get ideas of what might be missing/wrong.

Now if there was an expert around here that actually owns a 4x40s and was bent on making it work, you'd probably be much closer to a working system... Unfortunately, I'm just getting into understanding the DSDT patches, and I don't own a 4x40s (and am not planning to buy one soon either...).

Attachments

• DSDT4530S.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 125
RehabMan see this screen shot now, No Battery Available : Power Source Battery and AC Charger is plugged in.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 9.00.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 9.00.14 PM.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 267
so removed those 2

need working HDA kext
please

It's a bit complicated, cz you need to patch your AppleHDA according to codec specific bits and bytes. There are a lot of guides howto, but most for Realtek ALC codecs and not for our IDX codec. BTW - you must move away AppleHDA when using VoodooHDA - keep in mind. Use Mulibeast last version of VoodooHDA - 2.7.7.3 I don't exactly remember the number, but not a beta version it has.

If you have time you for sure can use Guides about patching native AppleHDA. I have a dumps from Linux for our codec, use it if any.

Attachments

• IDX_audio_dumps.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 113
RehabMan see this screen shot now, No Battery Available : Power Source Battery and AC Charger is plugged in.

Please describe exactly what you are doing when this is happening. For example, first thing I want to ask is "Do you have a battery installed?" Also, always run the ioreg cmd I posted earlier so I can see what is going on with the internals.

And... if you have no battery installed, and are therefore running this screen shot with the ac power connected, then my guess is that you didn't install my kext correctly. My suggestion in that case: reinstall the kext, fix permissions & rebuild cache, and go into kext wizard's Loaded tab and search for 'Battery'. It should show AppleSmartBatteryManager (1.1) if you're loading my version (in fact, for next release I'm going to change the "loading" IOLog such that it shows the version#).

this screen shot is with the ac power, and battery is not installed

+-o AppleSmartBattery <class AppleSmartBattery, id 0x1000001f1, registered, ma$
{
"CurrentCapacity" = 0
"Amperage" = 0
"PostDischargeWaitSeconds" = 120
"TimeRemaining" = 0
"BatteryInstalled" = No
"BatteryInvalidWakeSeconds" = 30
"Voltage" = 0
"Location" = 0
"IOGeneralInterest" = "IOCommand is not serializable"
"CycleCount" = 0
"PostChargeWaitSeconds" = 120
"AdapterInfo" = 0
"LegacyBatteryInfo" = {"Amperage"=0,"Flags"=0,"Capacity"=0,"Current"=0,"V$
"MaxCapacity" = 0
"IsCharging" = No
"FullyCharged" = No
}

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 9.39.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-28 at 9.39.39 PM.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 232
I see this happen, but only very early in the boot sequence. After about 30 secs it displays correctly. Are you seeing this persist? And did you check that you're loading the right kext. Use Kext Wizard.Loaded, then search for Battery. Should show 1.1.

this screen shot is with the ac power, and battery is not installed

+-o AppleSmartBattery <class AppleSmartBattery, id 0x1000001f1, registered, ma$
{
"CurrentCapacity" = 0
"Amperage" = 0
"PostDischargeWaitSeconds" = 120
"TimeRemaining" = 0
"BatteryInstalled" = No
"BatteryInvalidWakeSeconds" = 30
"Voltage" = 0
"Location" = 0
"IOGeneralInterest" = "IOCommand is not serializable"