Contribute
Register

Basic question - easy to answer for the experts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac Pro
CPU
2 quad core
Graphics
ATI Radeon 1900x
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am trying the unibeast method with cloverleaf on this board Gigabyte X99-UD5 WIFI Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard, I believe I have done all of the right things so far chapter and verse, but I cant even get it to boot from the USB at all it sees the USB it in the boot settings but nothing.... incidently where do I ammend those boot flag settings, I have been thru all of the available menus and cant find anything.

Thanks in advance...

I am trying the unibeast method with cloverleaf on this board Gigabyte X99-UD5 WIFI Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard, I believe I have done all of the right things so far chapter and verse, but I cant even get it to boot from the USB at all it sees the USB it in the boot settings but nothing.... incidently where do I ammend those boot flag settings, I have been thru all of the available menus and cant find anything.

Thanks in advance...

you could try changing the settings into boot loader params by 2 ways:
1. Using Clover Configurator, just open the config.plist you use on your flash drive and add the params.
2. Editing Manually using any text editor (config.plist) located on EFI/Clover.

If you read the Unibeast guide properly, there says that you can try other params in order to boot properly, but depends alot.

The answer would be extremely easy if you had given all the specs of your computer, because i can´t dream which graphics card you are using, if you had the bios configured properly, and many many other things.

By now, try: "dart=0, kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v" and you will see some text rolling.. If you see an Kernel Panic (google it), just let me know what caused that here.

Good Luck

Thank you for your response, and yes you are right I should have given you more information, this is my set up
ntel 5930K 3.50GHz (Haswell-E) Socket LGA2011-V3 Processor -
Gigabyte X99-UD5 WIFI Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C16 2400MHz Quad Channel Kit
Crucial BX100 1.0TB SSD SATA 6Gbps 7mm Solid State Drive
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 WindForce OC 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Corsair Professional Series AX 760W '80 Plus Platinum' Modular Power Supply (
NZXT H630 Silent Ultra Enthusiast Tower Case
Siig 3-Port Texas Instruments (TI) Chipset Firewire 800 Card - PCI Express
Corsair Hydro H110i GT 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
LG BH16NS40 16x SATA Internal BDRW

I have read the unibeast procedures but my understanding is somewhat limited. Some of the instructions seem to assume you have a certain degree of knowledge, which I have not, particularly when it comes to change this flag and that flag etc... hence my original question. Where ? I am aware that I can make other changes to the params' but I only know how to access the parameters that come up by switching on and holding the delete key, I cannot get any further than this currently. I have also tried the method described on X99 DEv's page but I am falling at the same hurdle, where do I make those important changes.

What does that mean ?

Are you using unibeast to install or clover ? You can't use both.

You can however use multibeast with a clover install if thats' what you mean.

Yes as you said, I was using the method described by Bob Roche not sure whether it's ok to post link, dont want to upset admins...

ok a bit further down the road, currently loading yosemite onto SSD but not using my graphics card yet

Ok I can boot into yosemite from the Unibeast Mem stick into MacSSD , and I still have to enter bootflags everytime, but once in, when I try to open mem stuck to load clover it freezes. do I need more bootflags to keep it operating ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back