Contribute
Register

Bad Geekbench score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its good but I am curious as to why my score went up so dramatically by enabling the following:

CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)
C3/C6/C7 State Support
CPU Thermal Monitor
CPU EIST Function

???

justruss said:
That is strange. I have an almost identical setup except using a 950 at 4.0 (shouldn't be any different speed wise), GSkill SSD 60 GB (shouldn't make any difference speed wise), and a 5770 (your video card is significantly faster)-- and I get 11600 Geekbench on 32-bit and 13000+ on 64-bit.

Do you have HT turned on or off in BIOS?

Why is my score so high? I get 12589 with:
I7 930 @ 3.5Ghz HT is ON
Gigabyte X58-UD3R
Mushkin Radioactive 1600Mhz DDr3 @1297Mhz 6-6-6-19
Ati 4870 stock

I browse through the results and see that my PC is great compared with other PC's & at a lower clock speed. How is it possible? I saw this one PC on there with 24 cores. Our scores difference was less than 1000. If I can get my 930 up to 4.0, I could probably be close to 15000. Am I getting inaccurate readings?

marty:
i also had the same results, and am also curious to find out why enabling those auto management features are important in getting real scores.
i might try to narrow it down to which exact option its affiliated with. have you by any chance?

allencc3:
dont know why but my i7-860 @ 3.5Ghz (stock cooler for now) also gets around 12800 on geekbench. maybe because my RAM is overclocked at 1667Mhz? but your setup is triple channel so that wont be much of a factor. i'm also using a normal 7200rpm HDD.

jayman said:
marty:
i also had the same results, and am also curious to find out why enabling those auto management features are important in getting real scores.
i might try to narrow it down to which exact option its affiliated with. have you by any chance?
I mentioned the reason here: http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/07/opt ... ation.html

Basically, once you start tweaking "overclocking-related" (and I'm using this very loosely) BIOS settings, it will assume you know what you are doing, and effectively disable all settings left at Auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back