Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm running a B85M-HD3 with The Realtek ALC887 Audio Drivers installed. My Headphones show up in the output list but I hear absolutely no Audio. I'm new to Hackintoshing and I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

I'm running a B85M-HD3 with The Realtek ALC887 Audio Drivers installed. My Headphones show up in the output list but I hear absolutely no Audio. I'm new to Hackintoshing and I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

Hi ryanc116,

• In my audio selection the green rear port on the rear of the motherboard is the correct output. It is named 'Internal Speakers' in System Preferences/Sound/Output.
  • If you are using a front mounted port on your case then check the motherboard instructions as you may need to change a 'jumper' position on your motherboard to make this output work.
  • Have you tried to raise the volume level? On my Apple keyboard mute is F10, Volume up is F12 and Volume down is F11
I hope that information lets you find out why it is not working for you.

Adrian B

I tried to put my earphones into the Green audio connector directly to the motherboard and it did not work I'm using a non-dsdt install too. My System Settings/sound/output table shows that my headphones are plugged into the jack but just do not output audio

I tried to put my earphones into the Green audio connector directly to the motherboard and it did not work I'm using a non-dsdt install too. My System Settings/sound/output table shows that my headphones are plugged into the jack but just do not output audio

The default setting for that socket is 'Internal Speakers', you need to select it by clicking on it to activate. You can also have a look at Launchpad/Other/Audio MIDI Setup. Have a look at changing the frequency settings. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back