na
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'm having an odd problem with this card. Installed in my i3 NUC (D33217CK) box 2/3 weeks ago running OSX Mavericks (latest). No issues at all, really smooth install, everything working well until...

2 days ago: No Bluetooth.
Trackpad worked for maybe 30 seconds, no keyboard recognised, then trackpad "sort of" froze.
i.e. I could see it on iTunes mini player only. I could click in the itunes window or on one small part of the desktop but that was it.

So I tried reinstalling kexts but no changes.
Tried several reboots, no luck.

Actually: On one occasion I did manage to re-connect the Trackpad, but it would not recognise any gestures beyond the simple point & click and I could not 'pair' the keyboard.

So then I took box apart and had a look but all was seated correctly and no loose wires.
Put it back together and had lunch.
Switched on... Working! No issues.

Later last night the NUC froze up completely.

After a power-off and reboot I had no bluetooth available at all.

This morning same thing. Power on, no bluetooth.
The icon is there in the menu bar, but just says "not available". Nothing in preferences.

So I shut down using wireless K/M and tried again. Still nothing.

Took box apart again to check and again, no loose wires, everything seated correctly.
Put box back together and powered up...

Hey Presto! Full working order restored....

On neither occasion did I actually remove the Wifi/BT card - I just removed the mSata card in order to check the antenna cables. Both times the cables were already secure and I did not detach them or re-attach them.

Any ideas?

My best guess is either the card is faulty or the system is overheating (although the system was stone cold when the symptoms first appeared).

TBH I'm not sure either of those sound like a great fit to the symptoms/cure - and I'm not sure why opening the box would solve it immediately.

Just to add: Throughout all of this the WiFi remained unaffected. Worked perfectly all the time.

Also: I have not added or removed any hardware or software to this since installing the card, neither have any software updates have been installed since the card was fitted.

Hi,

I'm having an odd problem with this card. Installed in my i3 NUC (D33217CK) box 2/3 weeks ago running OSX Mavericks (latest). No issues at all, really smooth install, everything working well until...

2 days ago: No Bluetooth.
Trackpad worked for maybe 30 seconds, no keyboard recognised, then trackpad "sort of" froze.
i.e. I could see it on iTunes mini player only. I could click in the itunes window or on one small part of the desktop but that was it.

So I tried reinstalling kexts but no changes.
Tried several reboots, no luck.

Actually: On one occasion I did manage to re-connect the Trackpad, but it would not recognise any gestures beyond the simple point & click and I could not 'pair' the keyboard.

So then I took box apart and had a look but all was seated correctly and no loose wires.
Put it back together and had lunch.
Switched on... Working! No issues.

Later last night the NUC froze up completely.

After a power-off and reboot I had no bluetooth available at all.

This morning same thing. Power on, no bluetooth.
The icon is there in the menu bar, but just says "not available". Nothing in preferences.

So I shut down using wireless K/M and tried again. Still nothing.

Took box apart again to check and again, no loose wires, everything seated correctly.
Put box back together and powered up...

Hey Presto! Full working order restored....

On neither occasion did I actually remove the Wifi/BT card - I just removed the mSata card in order to check the antenna cables. Both times the cables were already secure and I did not detach them or re-attach them.

Any ideas?

My best guess is either the card is faulty or the system is overheating (although the system was stone cold when the symptoms first appeared).

TBH I'm not sure either of those sound like a great fit to the symptoms/cure - and I'm not sure why opening the box would solve it immediately.

Just to add: Throughout all of this the WiFi remained unaffected. Worked perfectly all the time.

Also: I have not added or removed any hardware or software to this since installing the card, neither have any software updates have been installed since the card was fitted.

I have a very similar problem, though my system is based on a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard rather than a NUC. The Wifi on this card works flawlessly, and the Bluetooth worked fairly well for a couple of months, but now it does not work at all. I always get the Bluetooth icon with the squiggly line through it that means Bluetooth is unavailable.

noBluetooth.png

I'm working on the assumption that the Bluetooth chip on my Azurewave CE123H overheated and/or burned out; nothing else could explain why it is no longer recognized at all.

I have a very similar problem, though my system is based on a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard rather than a NUC. The Wifi on this card works flawlessly, and the Bluetooth worked fairly well for a couple of months, but now it does not work at all. I always get the Bluetooth icon with the squiggly line through it that means Bluetooth is unavailable.

View attachment 101526

I'm working on the assumption that the Bluetooth chip on my Azurewave CE123H overheated and/or burned out; nothing else could explain why it is no longer recognized at all.

@Bertie64, @nobodynose,

Although for laptop i have used the following guide to install AW CE123H on several Gigabyte ITX motherboards, has awalys worked for me.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...te-sony-vpc-se-customac-build.html#post774456

Be sure to use the latest version of BTFirmware loader (2.5.2) and Toledia's enablers (linked in the guide)

Cheers
Jay

@Bertie64, @nobodynose,

Although for laptop i have used the following guide to install AW CE123H on several Gigabyte ITX motherboards, has awalys worked for me.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...te-sony-vpc-se-customac-build.html#post774456

Be sure to use the latest version of BTFirmware loader (2.5.2) and Toledia's enablers (linked in the guide)

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it doesn't really help me - I'm now certain that either the USB cable connecting my Mini PCIe -> PCIe adapter has come loose (unlikely), or the Bluetooth chip on my cards has died. Neither IOReg nor Bluetooth Explorer even sees the Bluetooth anymore. Strange, because I had it working at one time.

@nobodynose hi there! i have a very similar problem like yours. a month ago. wifi / bt is working good. and suddenly the bluetooth not recognice anymore. booting to windows if theres any bluetooth. but not detected there as well :( did you manage to work again your bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back