Graphics
HD4000 || HD3000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a 4530s - variant XU015UT#ABA

This has been upgraded with a Crucial M4 128Gb

Used a Unibeat (1.5.3) Lion 10.7.0 to install and was stuck for a long time with Kernel Panics for AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement. Got around that by manually copying FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowermanagement, ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and then using the chmod and chown commands to set appropriate permissions.

This allowed me to boot the machine for the first time. I then applied combo update 10.7.4 and chose the following options from 5.1b1 probook installer before reboot:

OS X Version
- OSX Lion
* Chimera 1.11.0
* Bluetooth 10.7.4 and below ONLY
* AHCI patch (hadn't seen this issue but wanted to be sure I didn't get stuck with it)

Unfortunately I didn't know you had to manually enable logging in PB installer, so I am not 100% sure those were the options I used, but they are close.

I have a few other issues to work out, but my number one priority right now is a lack of detected audio devices. I have not manually installed a patched AppleHDA or VoodooHDA as I cannot afford to experiment and kill the machine as I am using it for work purposes.

I had understood that audio should work out of the box. Is there a known good patch in multibeast that would get me working? I didn't see an audio option in PB Installer.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Audio needs two components:

1. AppleHDA.kext from the HP Installer (don't use VoodooHDA or any HDA enabler)
2. DSDT.aml from the installer correct for BIOS revision and grahpics type .

Thanks for the awesomely quick response BigDonkey!

1. AppleHDA.kext from the HP Installer (don't use VoodooHDA or any HDA enabler)
I must be getting old, I can't find this anywhere in the HP Installer..? Or will the one from multibeast work?

2. DSDT.aml from the installer correct for BIOS revision and grahpics type .
My machine is on F28 bios, which I don't see listed under DSDT for 4530s with HD3000 graphics
- nearest option is F20 Bios. Should I try that or will it risk pancaking my install?

Thanks!

Thanks for the awesomely quick response BigDonkey!

I must be getting old, I can't find this anywhere in the HP Installer..? Or will the one from multibeast work?

Thanks!
i believe If you picked 10.7.4 option patched AppleHDA.kext should be already installed. Don't have an access to the laptop at this moment to verify that. Multibeast shouldn't be used with Probook at all.

My machine is on F28 bios, which I don't see listed under DSDT for 4530s with HD3000 graphics
- nearest option is F20 Bios. Should I try that or will it risk pancaking my install?
F.20 is fine for now, although update is recommended by following this guide
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

and AHCI patch is for 10.8 only.

i believe If you picked 10.7.4 option patched AppleHDA.kext should be already installed. Don't have an access to the laptop at this moment to verify that. Multibeast shouldn't be used with Probook at all.
Good to know, thank you!

F.20 is fine for now, although update is recommended by following this guide
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT
Sir! You are awesomeness personified! I applied the F.20 patch and it worked like a charm - that was on the only changed I made in HP installer and sound now works perfectly. THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back