Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the first column, it would be #8 that matches. What do I do, all of the ones to the right of #8 or do one at a time until one works?

Looks like nVidia has fixed the problem in their webdriver that prevented HDMI audio with a GTX970. Using the new 346.01.01f01 driver release with Yosemite 10.10.2 (and the security patch) I am now able to get HDMI out to my A/V receiver on a z97x-UD3H motherboard with just the SSDT.aml in the Extras folder. Yay!

8 is correct.
Read Post #1, Steps
I have attempted to fix the HDMI audio, but when I do the compile with DSDT editing, I get errors, please help. Thank you in advance.View attachment iMac.ioreg

EDIT: This happens when I do the first step to be able to edit. I am getting errors with UEFI Compile file.

I am getting errors with UEFI Compile file.
What guide are you using?
IOReg is useless for fixing dsdt compile errors.
Attach the original dsdt and dsdt with errors (save as Disassembled ASL File).

There is about 25 errors
Wrong repo, wrong patch.
Fix (pick one, both work):
1. Post #1, System 8, column 3, right click and paste (see Note 1)
2. [Guide]_OS_X_hdmi_audio-dsdt_v2.pdf/dsdt MaciASL/Patch URLs/1. 9 Series: ....

Wrong repo, wrong patch.
Fix (pick one, both work):
1. Post #1, System 8, column 3, right click and paste (see Note 1)
2. [Guide]_OS_X_hdmi_audio-dsdt_v2.pdf/dsdt MaciASL/Patch URLs/1. 9 Series: ....

Ok, I have done that, I did the compile, but it is giving me a warning now, do I just do the HDMI audio patch or did something go wrong? The compile is giving me the warning.
EDIT: I used option #1

Hi

I am trying to activate HDMI audio and while reading the Post 1, I still have some newbies question. My config:
MB: H67MA-UD2H-B3 bios F8
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2105 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Audio (from DPCI Manager) : 0x80861C20, 0x1458A102, 0x10EC0889, 0x0004, Realtek ALC889
---------------------------------------------
------------ INTEL DEVICE INFO --------------
---------------------------------------------
Class code: [0300]
Intel HD Graphics 3000 [8086:0112] (rev 09)
Subsystem: [1458:d000] :: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
Using default unsupported device id injection of 0126
Using default snb-platform-id of 00030010

I have Mavericks 10.9.2 and Yosemite 10.10.3 in dual boot on the same disk, display works on HDMI.

Reading your Post 1, I try to apply Part C: Native OS X HDMI audio as my guess is that it should work for me, having an HD3000.

Questions:
A. On part C.1.3 Configuration (verify):
2. HDMI device connected to Port 0x7 (IOReg)

How do I do this check? I try to run IORegistryExplorer_v2.1 but I have no clue what line to search. Can you help ?

3. Audio ID (select one)
Audio ID:3 with patched AppleHDA.kext
Audio ID:1 with native AppleHDA.kext

How can I know which ID I need for my setup ?
If I choose 3, it means I will have to install a patched AppleHDA?
If I choose 1, it means I can keep the native AppleHDA?

B. On section C.2 Installation, there is 2 points:
1. MultiBeast - Select: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > √ ALC
If I am not wrong, this will install a patched AppleHDA? So this means this should be done only if you choose Audio ID:3 above ?
Which mean if you use Audio ID:1, you only need to check point 2 below ?

2. √ Optional HD 3000/HD 4000 HDMI Audio
You check this only if you use native AppleHDA above or in both case (Audio ID 3 and 1) ?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back