Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
User errors, no progress.
Did not run audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0j.command
DSDT is not loading.
Don't bother with SSDT, will not work. The dsdt is correct.

Run audio_cloverALC, attach the terminal output
When this message appears in boot log, attach new files:
17:861 0:000 Inserting DSDT.AML from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

OK so I must use DSDT method, that helps. I completely reinstalled El Capitan using the Installation guide. I downloaded the config.plist and DSDT.aml from my most recent attached zip (since you said the DSDT.aml was good and I had edited the config.plist)

Then copied the config.plist (the most recent one we have decided on) into the EFI/Clover folder. (deleted the other one that was there)

Then copied the DSDT.aml into the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Then ran audio_cloverALC-110_V1.0J.command. (DOES IT MATTER AT WHAT POINT IN THE PROCESS YOU DO THIS STEP? CAN IT BE RAN MULTIPLE TIMES ON THE SAME INSTALL? I actually ran it twice- 2nd terminal log attached)

I did not rebuild kernel cache as it appeared the terminal command did.

Restarted. Nothing. Attached most recent files including the terminal log from audioCLOVERALC.

I am wondering if there is still an issue with this config.plist. Here are some thoughts:

In clover configurator, Under Acpi, there is the a ? tables/signature/SSDT TableId SaSsdt. Is this supposed to be here? Also does Drop_OEM_DSM need to be checked?
Also under Acpi, the DSDT name is "DSDT.aml". Is this correct? does it need to be "DSDT" only?

Under Boot, dark wake is selected. Also kext-dev-mode=1 is selected. 5- Timeout and Debug yes.(nothing else in this tab)

Under Devices, Audio/Inject drop down box is 1. (nothing else in this tab)

Under Gui, Mouse double click 500, speed 8. Scan Auto=yes. (nothing else in this tab)

Under Graphics, Inject intel is checked (nothing else)

Under Kernel and Kext Patches, absolutely nothing under here. You told me to delete all the kextstopatch.

Under Rt Variables, the booter config 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig 0x3 (from bottom of your guide for 10.11)

Under SMBIOS, the mac is IMac 14,2 as this one was the closest to my CPU. (Maybe i should use the vanilla 3,1???)

Under system paramaters, inject kexts=yes. Is this right???

See attached files. Thanks so much!!! I feel like I am close.

View attachment Eric -11-5-2015-0933.zip

I feel like I am close.
Nothing is right.
The script did not patch the attached config.plist
Clover did not load the dsdt, ignored previous instruction.
It is clear, the EFI partition mounted for patches is not the EFI partition used for booting.
Run the following in Terminal and attach output:
Code:
diskutil list

Sorry man. I am trying. Here is the attached disk util terminal command. I ejected the USB after seeing there was an EFI partition on it. I also have a HDD with backup that has an EFI, maybe this is the problem. Should I disconnect the HDD?

Maybe I should start from scratch, disconnect the HDD. Make sure I eject the USB when appropriate. Maybe I was mounting and placing files in the wrong EFI partition?

View attachment diskutil_list_output.pdf

UPDATE: 12:24 pm.Reinstalled. Ran Postinstallation tools, added The attached DSDT to patched folder, then added the attached config.plist, then ran audio clover. Removed HDD, then removed the USB prior to booting into El Capitan from the SSD. Black screen- would not boot. What I am thinking is, is that I had previously been booting from the USB and therefore using the USB EFI partition, which did not have any of the appropriate files. The screen going black and not booting from the SSD tells me that there still has to be a problem with the config.plist. (see previous post for my questions regarding config.plist settings). I have attached the most recent files, from most recent boot (however I just booted from USB in order to get on here so I wonder if the bootlog won't reflect what happened when I had the black screen. I will attach nonetheless.)Let me know what you think. Thanks so much. Baby steps. Coincidentally,1227 my 13 mo started walking today.View attachment Eric 11-5-2015-1227 update.zip

Nicey, Can you attach these working ssdt files for me? I think we have a similar set up. I am thinking it will work for mine. Thanks!

It the same SSDT you can find in one of the Toleda guide.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    386 bytes · Views: 69
User error: deleted an HDMI audio patch when you added the Azul patch.
Fix: run cloverALC again.

I confirm the user error. I changed one of the HDAController and save it (don't know why I did that???) this is why I had two same HDAcontroller.

Hello?
I started over and Reinstalled. Ran Postinstallation tools, added The attached DSDT to patched folder, then added the attached config.plist, then ran audio clover.

Removed HDD, then removed the USB prior to booting into El Capitan from the SSD. Black screen- would not boot. What I am thinking is, is that I had previously been booting from the USB and therefore using the USB EFI partition, which did not have any of the appropriate files. The screen going black and not booting from the SSD tells me that there still has to be a problem with the config.plist. (see previous post for my questions regarding config.plist settings).

I have attached the most recent files, from most recent boot (however I just booted from USB in order to get on here so I wonder if the bootlog won't reflect what happened when I had the black screen. I will attach nonetheless.)Let me know what you think. Thanks so much. Baby steps. View attachment 160892

The screen going black and not booting from the SSD tells me that there still has to be a problem with the config.plist.
Not a HDMI audio problem. Off topic.
No need to post in this thread until your system boots from the hard drive, no usb.

What are you talking about? It absolutely is part of this thread. It occurred as a direct result of changes I made to try to fix the HDMI audio. My system boots fine now without the USB, config.plist has to be wrong. You haven't answered any of my previous questions regarding the config.plist though so I am stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back