Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi toleda I encounter a problem for a working hdmi audio in hd5450
with el capitan.
in the audio preferences it show the name of my samsung smart tv but no sound.
I have installed voodoo hda for manage the onboard sound device.
can you help me in some way?
i'm not very expert of dsdt editor or other tool and every time that i try to do some mod i brick my hackintosh so i hope in your patience and if you need i can do it my team viewer id and pass so you can direcly see how happens. thank you in advance.

Hi, I am building my first hackintosh computer. I have installed El Capitan with using the Installation most recent installation guide. So far, I am unable to get sound working through HDMI. I am able to hear sound from headphones in headphone jack on back of the computer, though. I am a novice at most of this and I find this all very confusing, so more simple steps would be appreciated.

I used these optional steps at the end of the guide:
"The next optional steps configure the system's Realtek ALC onboard audio codec.

16. (Optional) Download
CloverALC110 script

17. (Optional) Browser/Click on download file
18. (Optional) Finder/Double click .command file
19. (Optional) Go through steps in Terminal to install appropriate audio choices”

No HDMI audio. I think attempted to follow your guide, but got somewhat lost. I added the ssdt.ami to the patch folder and restarted the computer. Still no HDMI audio. I am somewhat lost at this point.

I have attached copy of IOregistry, clover config.plist, and the ssdt.ami. The console file was too large. I was unable to locate AppleHDA.kext and any debug.logs

My hardware is the following:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: none
Case: BitFenix Pandora MicroATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T8E 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
Keyboard: Apple MB110LL/B Wired Standard Keyboard

View attachment config.plistView attachment Eric’s iMac.ioregView attachment SSDT.aml

I am trying to follow, its very confusing. Let me just ask simple questions I guess.

Do you suggest not using the

16. (Optional) Download CloverALC110 script? in the installation guide?

I feel like it messes up the whole process of your guide and it doesn't seem to help anyway.

IDo you suggest not using the
16. (Optional) Download CloverALC110 script? in the installation guide?
No mention of cloverALC in Post #1. No step 16 in the correct installation guide. cloverALC is for onboard audio only.

OK so I started from the beginning and reinstalled El Capitan. Did not do step #16 this time. Created the new DSDT.aml patch (the correct one for my motherboard). I placed into the EFI partition/Clover/ASCI/patched folder.

The only question I have is: how do you rebuild the caches?

When I restarted, my bios would not even load and could not boot or enter bios.

HELPPPPP, I guess i need to rebuild/reload caches before restarting? but i do not know how?

Ok Toleda, now I'm completely stuck. I tried many, many, many things with no success... If you don't help me I will never resolve this issue :|

Description of HDMI audio problem
No HDMI audio.
I have audio everywhere but no HDMI in the System Settings

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

El Capitan 10.11.1/ Z97m-D3H/F8/i7 4790k/HD 4600

Procedure/Guide Used

Part B - Table 3 Clover

I hope you can help me :(

Attachments

• IOReg.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 178
  • DSDT.aml
    66.9 KB · Views: 57
Ok Toleda,

I also feel like I have gained a lot of understanding of your guides.

Again I installed El Capitan using the most recent guide (updated the bios to bios 6 this time).

I then decided to use the DSDT edit method using your guide. I edited my config.plist to include the azul and hd4600 kexts. In order to do this, in Clover, I basically combined the config-hdmi4600-100.plist and the config-audio_cloverALC-110.plist (see attached config.plist) I also
added these Rt variables (which were in the notes at the bottom of guide)

1. CLOVER/config.plist/RtVariables/
    1. BooterConfig/0x28
    2. CsrActiveConfig/0x3

I then patched the DSDT with the appropriate two patches for 9 series motherboards (the clean compile and the HD4600-a1 patches) (see below).

1. i. AMI-Clean_Compile-9series
    ii. AMI-HD4600-AMD-Nvidia-A1

I compiled the DSDT with only 2 warnings and no errors. I then rebuilt the caches using DCPI manager. Restarted and it actually booted fine this time, but no choices for any sort of audio under the settings!!! ughhhhhh NO AUDIO SETTINGS AT ALL.

Am I supposed to be adding actual kexts files (i.e. dropping them into folders) somewhere????? I feel like I have done everything that the guide says to do, but I have to be missing something. Please help.

I used clover for all of the edits btw.

PS, when I went to attach files I noticed that there is no AppleHDA.kext in my S/L/E folder???? Is this maybe a missed step??? AND also the Console messages file was too large to upload.
:cry:

My hardware is the following:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard - BIOS VERSION 6 (MOST UP TO DATE)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (BOOT DRIVE)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (BACKUPS)
Video Card: none (using on board for now)
Case: BitFenix Pandora MicroATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T8E 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
Keyboard: Apple MB110LL/B Wired Standard Keyboard

View attachment DSDT.amlView attachment IORegistry-EricMac.ioregView attachment config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back