Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@toleda

I bought the DP to HDMI adapter, and connected primary monitor with it to DP1 port, it now has proper sound from it. I have AV Receiver on HDMI port which also has sound, no adapters, directly from HDMI port.
If I connect AVR with DP to HDMI adapter to DP2 port it has no sound at all.

What's the deal?
you have my files in post #2750

If I use KODI for example, media player, I want to select different ports for audio, it always selects monitor even if I set AVR there, so it can either be one at a time, which is not the case on Windows. This should have separate audio sources.

One other thing, even if my ALC1150 works, I can't have separate audio from it in conjuction with HDMI sound, so again there must be one audio source, even if it's set in the app differently.

Any solutions?

Still no audio device
ssdt is working.
Choices:
1. Set config.plist/Graphics/ATI/NO, reply with new files.
2. Edit Pithecia connectors for HDMI audio (HDMI connector is not native), see Post #1.

If I connect AVR with DP to HDMI adapter to DP2 port it has no sound at all.
DP2 doesn't work, no surprise. Connect AVR to HDMI port.
you have my files in post
Previous files are useless. What is described above does not show up in the old files.
so it can either be one at a time, which is not the case on Windows.
Nothing in Windows audio is relevant to macOS audio.
I can't have separate audio from it in conjuction with HDMI sound
Do not understand this problem. What is "it"?
Consider Audio MIDI Setup/Audio Devices/+/Create Multi-Output Device

Basically my question is this:

1. DP1 as audio source for monitor
2. HDMI port as source for AVR

This thing does not work because I do not have separate audio from each port, that's what I am saying here. Midi setup does not fix this issue I am having.

The problem is that I want to use monitor on DP1 to let's say use YT or listen to iTunes, and use HDMI port on AVR to play a movie with it own separate audio...

Possible?

ssdt is working.
Choices:
1. Set config.plist/Graphics/ATI/NO, reply with new files.
2. Edit Pithecia connectors for HDMI audio (HDMI connector is not native), see Post #1.

1. Attached new config.plist, preboot.log and ioreg.
2. Does it mean it could work with DVI port?
As far as I understand modifying connector layout is not that easy. But I'm ready to learn...

Attachments

• 20170504_2310.zip
    392.5 KB · Views: 63
@toleda

Regarding my problem

Audio passthrough to DVR works fine, for example, I am watching DTS movie on it and using monitor for YT stereo sound, that thing works...

But if I want to use two stereo sound files one on DVR and one on monitor (DP port), that thing always plays to Default set device

ok so thanks for clarification, works for me to have passthrough then... not every movie that I have has it, but still good to know how it operates... this thing is painless on windows, but yeah I wanna use mac from now on so... ;)

DVI2HDMI adapter may work.

I guess I'll try one of these as well. I found a DVI-D<2>HDMI that claims to carry sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back