Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing connected to HD3000/HDMI.
Boot problem likely, see Integrated and Discrete Graphics, Working Together
Reply with new attachments
This worked for me for the most part!

I did leave a few follow up questions in the thread which I'm sure you're well aware of. Thanks so much.

For the record, my issue was resolved mainly by BIOS setting integrated graphics to igp (one of the later steps in the guide in link above). For me it was very easy because i was on nvidia 6xx and integrated 3000 so there was very little config needed!

Hello i have always used the "lion hdmi audio guide" to update and still keep hdmi audio but this time i didn't have much luck with Yosemite.
I'm not sure what i should do. my list in iojones seems to look good to me though. Unfortunately i still don't have hdmi audio. any suggestions?

i have the
gigabyte z68xp-ud3 mobo
with the gigabyte 6870 graphics card

thanks!

Attachments

• gigabyte6870hdmiproblems.zip
    552.7 KB · Views: 79
Hi Toleda, all, having trouble with HDMI Audio on a recent build.
I have followed the guide as best i can, although clearly not for the fainthearted.
Definitely made some progress and learnt a few things but I'm missing something somewhere.
All docs attached.

Problem 1. HDMI Not Showing in Audio Options
Problem 2 post changes GFX seem to be a little laggy too.

OS X 10.10.1, Asus Z97M-Plus, Bios 2201, i5 4690K, HD 4600.
Guide used HDMI Audio V2.2 9 series following instructions on Tonymacx86 and supplementary guides for the specific tasks involved in the process.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
Thanks for coming back to me so quick.

mac media centre connected from hd4600 via HDMI so Sony AV receiver, then onto TV.
I set up HDMI audio process using my other Mac via screen sharing, (Mrs was glued to box) however when I went back on my media centre Mac directly, rebooted again, Sony AV was there as an option in audio output as hdmi/dvi.

tested and working. Pleased as punch. More so for actually working through software and actions way beyond my intellect levels! Guides seem to link to further guides. Minefield.

Thanks for all the efforts of those who put the scripts and guides etc together. Contributed of course.

not easy but worth the effort.

Nvidia GTX970 ALC889 No HDMI Audio Yosemite 10.10.1

Description of HDMI audio problem:
New Yosemite 10.10.1 build, have analog audio Line Out 1 and Line Out 2. No HDMI Audio via Nvidia GTX 970. This is dual-boot (separate drive) Win8.1 and everything works in Windows.

SEE BOTTOM OF POST FOR GOAL AND QUESTIONS

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
Yosemite 10.10.1 / Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3 / BIOS F12-Award / Intel Core I7-2600K / GIGABYTE|GV-N970WF3OC-4GD RT

Procedure/Guide Used
1. Unibeast: Install OS X Yosemite on Any Supported Intel-based PC - Build Guide
2. Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide] - This thread as initial Post Install Audio Guide.
3. Per Post #1, 1.[Guide]_HD3000-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2.pdf.zip, and 2.[Guide]_Nvidia-hdmi_audio_v2.pdf.zip.

Copy of IORegistryExplorer/IOJones (either)
See Beast's Mac Pro.ioreg attached

Copy Of Console/All Messages (last boot)
Console/File/Save a Copy As...
Attached.

System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
I have your modified version installed by Multicast.

Chimera/Chameleon
4.0.1 installed by Multibeast

Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Attached.

DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log

Extra/dsdt.aml (if installed)
Uploaded. From tonymacx86 for my motherboard.

Extra/ssdt.aml
have Sandybridge Core i7 SSDT from Multibeast.

Goal:
1. Enable HDMI Audio for Nvidia GTX 970 card.
2. Would be nice to have motherboard audio outputs working also.

Questions:
1. Is it practical to have both goals or should I just focus on goal 1?
2. The Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide] references both dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio and Bootloader HDMI audio. Do I need to do one or the other or both?
3. Based on the information I provided, have I at least selected the appropriate guides to follow?
4. What is a "property-type injection"? example?
5. The Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide], In the requirements section:
1. S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext
1. I think Multibeast removed the Native AppleHDA.kext. Does it move the original file somewhere specific? How do I find this?
2. I have the Multibeast Installed ALC889 specific AppleHDA.kext. Is this the correct one?
3. Is the Patched AppleHDA.kext the same thing as what Multibeast installed or something different?
4. I infer from the guide that I need Audio_ID: 3 as this describes my hardware.
5. HD4600 HDMI Audio doesn't apply to my hardware.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Beast’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 107
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    963 bytes · Views: 275
  • DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F12.aml
    18.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Beast's Console Log.log
    96 KB · Views: 105
Procedure/Guide Used
tonymacx86 unibeast 10.10.1 USB-HDD Guide and Multibeast
The Guide requested is not the install guide; the request is for the HDMI audio guide used. No evidence of any required HDMI audio edits. See Post #1.

Hi Toleda,

despite all working, the one remaining issue is that if routed via my AV receiver, when switching between sources, returning to the Mac, video is lost and I have to reboot. I assume this is equivalent of hot plugging?

My workaround is plugging directly into TV via HDMI, then SPDIF from TV to AV receiver for sound.
obviously I lose the bitstream capability this way, and HD sound formats.

Is there any solution for hot plugging in the future or is this a non starter?

Thanks

Is there any solution for hot plugging in the future or is this a non starter?
Only OS X hot plug issue is with HD4600/HDMI on non native hardware. Not clear what problem you are trying to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back