Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed, remove:
Post #1/cloverHDMI
6. Notes
3. Skylake/HD 5x0, remove config.plist/ (if present)
• ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Item 0 (Rename HDAS to HDEF)​

I forgot to mention that I already did that. The problem is that when I remove or disable that patch, the system crashes when is switching the display resolution at boot (there's a glitched apple logo in freeze for about a second or two ) , just before the login window is about to load then just reboots.

So, to make it boot without "ACPI/DSDT (Rename HDAS to HDEF)" I have to disable SSDT-HDEF-HDAD-1.aml too at boot from clover.

I'm attaching the system.log, debug.log and config.plist files when this happens. Thanks.

Attachments

• system.log.zip
    53.3 KB · Views: 71
  • config.plist.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 66
  • debug.log.old.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 65
problem is that when I remove or disable that patch, the system crashes
Different cause, no patch is native; native does not crash.
System is damaged, run the installer over the current install.

Last edited:
Different cause, without the patch is native; native does not crash.
System is damaged, run the installer over the current install.

hmm maybe not?, I've just discovered that removing SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml from ACPI/patched folder also lets my system boot without crashing. Now I can boot with SSDT-HDEF-HDAD-1.aml enabled and (Rename HDAS to HDEF) disabled in the plist.

Also, HDMI/DisplayPort Output is now listed under System Information->Audio->Intel High Definition Audio. But there's still no HDMI output under System Preferences->Audio.

No attached files, no idea
Indeed.
These attachments are without SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml enabled, otherwise the system will crash.

Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 3.05.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 3.04.56 PM.png

Attachments

• attachment.zip
    3 MB · Views: 85
These attachments are without SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml enabled
Useless. No HDMI audio without the HDMI Audio ssdt.
Did not remove Rename HDAS to HDEF patch. What FakePCIID kexts are installed?

Useless. No HDMI audio without the HDMI Audio ssdt.
Did not remove Rename HDAS to HDEF patch. What FakePCIID kexts are installed?

"Did not remove Rename HDAS to HDEF patch"
Yes I did, it doesn't matter if I remove it or disable it from the plist.

I have installed FakePCIID.kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
The first two are included in the attachment. Yes, no HDMI audio without the HDMI Audio ssdt, but also no system crash.

--------
NOW, I have just discovered that if I remove or disable the patch "t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x6-DP2HDM" in config.plist that changes the connector from 00040000 to 00080000, I can boot without crashing, even if SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml, SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml ssdts and the t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-4_displays patch are enabled . Yes no HDMI audio without that patch either but also no crash. "Rename HDAS to HDEF patch" is disabled.

logs attached

Attachments

• attachment.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • config.plist.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 75
doesn't matter if I remove it or disable it from the plist.
My mistake; no reason to keep to it, disabled or otherwise.
Port 0x6 patch is the last step for HDMI audio; find a way to boot with the patch.
Try config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel/NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back