Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toleda,

Thank you so much for your efforts, really appreciate it !. Great work !!

I have one question and maybe i have done something wrong. Using the Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 graphics card if have sound going through HMDI audio. It is working fine.

Only problem is that MIDI setup does not allow me to configure 5.1 surround sound using HDMI as default.

Any reason ?

What i have tried:

1. Setting the format to 48000,0 Hz, but the option available is only 2ch (16bit, 20bit and 24bit).

NOTE :

1. The output source is a DELL S2240L with a single 3.5mm output jack for sound. Could that be the reason why I can't set the HDMI sound from 2ch to 5ch ? See link http://www.pcworld.com/product/1416084/dell-s2240l-21-5-inch-full-hd-monitor-with-led.html

2. I prefer using HDMI sound. Sound from Z97X output devices (default) does not work after sleep. It defaults to HDMI. I tried using codec-Commander.

3. HDMI sound via monitor works perfectly even after sleep.

Tx
Mike

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 247
  • SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml
    458 bytes · Views: 89
  • SSDT.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 100
  • DPCI .png
    DPCI .png
    95.7 KB · Views: 94
  • bootlog.txt
    19.9 KB · Views: 112
Thank you Toleda,

I don't know enough of all this stuff, on the apple discussion forums here : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3639822?tstart=0 they show midi setup with using hdmi and then configure the 5.1 surround sound using hdmi.

I'm a bit confused and was hoping that the hdmi sound i have via nvidia gtx970 card could do the same ?

What is the difference then ?

Regards
Mike

Thank you, appreciate your energy and effort !

All the best
Mike

Toledo,

I'm happy to use analog, what forum or link do you suggest would solve the sound issue after sleep?

As i understand it OSX default to hdmi after sleep therefore no sound using analog and need to restart.I have tried codeCommander, without success.

Line out works after sleep, but built-in does not, therefore the aggregate device that we create in midi setup to achieve sourround sound does not work.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

I installed the SSDT edits correctly using the guide for my Nvidia Geforce 980Ti with Nvidia Web Driver. I used SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml matching the ID I saw in IORegistryExplorer.

After restarting my Output devices showed my monitor which is connected via DisplayPort and the audio does work.

However, there is one slight annoyance apparently The select device has no output controls ?

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 21.17.39.png

Surely this can be fixed? OS X should just be able to control it's outputted sound volume before it even reaches the device.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

happy to use analog
If HDMI makes sound, use HDMI. For surround sound, the requirements are the same regardless of the interface cable: 5.1 audio source, 5.1 player and 5.1 processor and 5.1 speakers. See Post # 1293.

Analog audio is off topic.

Got someone the igpu HD4600 hdmi sound working?
I have installed the patched applehda and hda enabler but still no sound:/
Any issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back