Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z170x UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
ASUS STRIX GTX960 2GB
Hi Guys,

New to the community, I'm creating an Audio Hackintosh for use with my thunderbolt Apollo (I've seen a few people post about compatibility).

I have come to my final configuration, I would greatly appreciate any advice, if my configuration has any glaring holes or errors that hinder me completing the project before I pull the trigger on buying the parts, which are as follows;

• Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH (For Thunderbolt compatibility with my interface, I understand I need to install windows first to activate drivers, this is correct right?
  • Core i7 6700k
  • ZALMAN CNPS8000B CPU cooler
  • Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 750Ti 2GB PCI-E Graphics Card
  • 64gb DDR4 Ram
  • Seagate 2TB SSHD for system Drive
  • I have numerous SATA drives for project files and sample libraries
  • Corsair CS 550 (Is this powerful enough?)
  • BitFenix Pandora Core Window Tower - This is the Case I want because I love the asthetics, I believe it will house everything I want, would be great to get a second opinion
Thank you in advance!

Jack

It seems that there are a lot of issues with the UD5, and I would also need to purchase the Startech TB3 to TB2 adapter, so I was thinking going for the UD7 TH, which is more thoroughly tested, I am not really interested in TB3 as I only need TB to work so I can continue to use my UAD APOLLO interface. Does this sound a like a set up that is going to work? I have an itchy trigger finger and I want to take the leap, please help!

Ok, so I think I am going to go for it, and opt for the UD5 TH, Tony has put up an extensive guide for installation with that model, I think all the other hardware I have will work, I have just two questions;

• I like the Tower I have chosen for the aesthetics, however, I will be recording Audio, and I want as quiet a machine as I can get (which leads me on to my next two questions as well) - What is the quietest case I can get for under £100?
  • Is the Graphics card I have chosen loud? what would be a good card (circa £100/$150) that is relatively silent - I will be editing audio to video in pro tools and using 2 screens
  • I was thinking about getting a CR-95c IcePipe, has anyone used any of these or any other fanless cooler? Is it compatible with the processor/mobo I'm using?

Apologies if this comes across ignorant

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back