Contribute
Register

Audio devices show but No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need non-Apple model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
what do I have to do to get AppleHDA to work with sound? I have tried everything. I know I can use voodoohda but I'd rather use applehda. I can get devices (like line in, etc) working using hdaenabler, applealc or cloverhda method and applehda kext to get the greyed speaker icon to load and devices loaded, but there is no sound coming out of my speakers. The Clover layout-id I use is 13 on alc298. I am on the 9560 version of XPS. Can someone give me some simple steps to get this working on this notebook. I'm doing everything right, but I don't know what the hold up could be in getting the sound out. In the past it was so much easier.

what do I have to do to get AppleHDA to work with sound? I have tried everything. I know I can use voodoohda but I'd rather use applehda. I can get devices (like line in, etc) working using hdaenabler, applealc or cloverhda method and applehda kext to get the greyed speaker icon to load and devices loaded, but there is no sound coming out of my speakers. The Clover layout-id I use is 13 on alc298. I am on the 9560 version of XPS. Can someone give me some simple steps to get this working on this notebook. I'm doing everything right, but I don't know what the hold up could be in getting the sound out. In the past it was so much easier.
you should fill out your hardware profile correctly first

you can also use
Mirone's Audio Patcher:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/

which will give you a few options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back