Contribute
Register

'Attempting system restart' boot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
"should be set to OtherOS and csm support enabled"

The 'OtherOS' option is missing from the BIOS. It's only 'Windows 8/10" and "Windows 8/10 WHQL". I changed CSM support back to Enabled.
(This is the latest Gigabyte BIOS from November 2018.)

"remove sensor kexts form clover/kexts/other"

ACPISensors.kext
CPUSensors.kext
GPUSensors.kext
LPCSensors.kext
SMMSensors.kext

Have been removed

"config.plist
you have inject true for intel graphics, should be set to false"

It is unticked now. It is enabled in the tutorial posted, not sure why
View attachment 376709
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

Attached is the updated EFI folder.

However It's sill not even getting to the installer splash screen. It's still stuck on "Please go to https://panic.apple.com to report this panic" as before.
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

may also be worth having a look here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ram-2x-ssd-zotac-gtx-1080.235987/post-1617479

"should be set to OtherOS and csm support enabled"

The 'OtherOS' option is missing from the BIOS. It's only 'Windows 8/10" and "Windows 8/10 WHQL". I changed CSM support back to Enabled.
(This is the latest Gigabyte BIOS from November 2018.)

"remove sensor kexts form clover/kexts/other"

ACPISensors.kext
CPUSensors.kext
GPUSensors.kext
LPCSensors.kext
SMMSensors.kext

Have been removed

"config.plist
you have inject true for intel graphics, should be set to false"

It is unticked now. It is enabled in the tutorial posted, not sure why

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

Attached is the updated EFI folder.

However It's sill not even getting to the installer splash screen. It's still stuck on "Please go to https://panic.apple.com to report this panic" as before.
Attached is a modified EFI ZIP. Please backup your existing one and try this. Changes made:
  • Added XHCI-Unsupported.kext to your CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI folder. This works with USBInjectAll to provide support for various motherboard platforms.
  • Enabled InjectIntel once again, per original UniBeast file, and set IntelGFX to 0x12345678 (again, this is standard UniBeast).
Try booting now and see if the Mojave installer comes up.

If not, reboot and press Spacebar at the Clover boot screen and uncheck the 4th item in the list: Disable KASLR (slide=0). Does this make things better, worse, no change?

Attachments

• EFI-i386-2.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 45
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details
I have done that when I registered. There was a glitch on this website, for about 20 minutes it wasn't showing hardware configuration in the profile.

may also be worth having a look here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ram-2x-ssd-zotac-gtx-1080.235987/post-1617479

Isn't NVidia a different kettle of fish?

Attached is a modified EFI ZIP. Please backup your existing one and try this. Changes made:
  • Added XHCI-Unsupported.kext to your CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI folder. This works with USBInjectAll to provide support for various motherboard platforms.
  • Enabled InjectIntel once again, per original UniBeast file, and set IntelGFX to 0x12345678 (again, this is standard UniBeast).
Try booting now and see if the Mojave installer comes up.

If not, reboot and press Spacebar at the Clover boot screen and uncheck the 4th item in the list: Disable KASLR (slide=0). Does this make things better, worse, no change?

I tried your updated EFI folder but the installer panicked as before. I tried the 'Disable KASLR' option and it did the same panic thing.

Attachments

• after_ XHCI-Unsupported.jpg
    after_ XHCI-Unsupported.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 49
  • clover_space.png
    clover_space.png
    379.4 KB · Views: 54
  • disable_KASLR.png
    disable_KASLR.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
I tried your updated EFI folder but the installer panicked as before. I tried the 'Disable KASLR' option and it did the same panic thing.
Because we have ruled out some of the most common factors, let's examine some of the less common ones:
  • What are the (a) make and model of the USB disk and (b) size of the USB disk?
  • Have you tried re-building the USB install disk with UniBeast just in case the Mojave disk image is corrupted?
  • Your motherboard has yellow, red, blue, and black USB ports. Is your USB flash disk inserted in one of the two black ports?
  • Is your display monitor connected to the RX 570?

Here is the original stick's EFI, the one that isn't panicking but is stuck in a boot loop.

The black screen appears with the apple logo

Attachments

• EFI_attempting.zip
    26.4 MB · Views: 46
  • attempting.jpg
    attempting.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 41
Here is the original stick's EFI, the one that isn't panicking but is stuck in a boot loop.

The black screen appears with the apple logo
Because this this seems to avoid the initial panic, I've made some small changes that might help. Please try the attached.
  • Added Change SAT0 to SATA
  • You had 2 memory fix drivers in drivers64uefi folder. I removed OsxAptioFix3drv and left OsxAptioFix2drv
  • Removed unneeded drivers from drivers64uefi
  • Copied XHCI-Unsupported.kext and removed the 200-series injector
  • Your CsrActiveConfig was 0x0. I changed it to 0x67 to allow unsigned kexts to load

Attachments

• EFI_attempting.zip
    50.2 MB · Views: 115
Because this this seems to avoid the initial panic, I've made some small changes that might help. Please try the attached.
  • Added Change SAT0 to SATA
  • You had 2 memory fix drivers in drivers64uefi folder. I removed OsxAptioFix3drv and left OsxAptioFix2drv
  • Removed unneeded drivers from drivers64uefi
  • Copied XHCI-Unsupported.kext and removed the 200-series injector
  • Your CsrActiveConfig was 0x0. I changed it to 0x67 to allow unsigned kexts to load
I'm afraid it makes no difference. It keeps rebooting and doesn't progress as before.

Let's maybe simplify the problem and try running the installer on the integrated intel card?

Let's maybe simplify the problem and try running the installer on the integrated intel card?
  • I have been watching this troubleshoot from the beginning sitting outside.
  • If I may, first update your profile to reflect the Intel Chipset of your Motherboard , the foundation of hackintoshing . It is the one that can help you and us to decide without a lot of Google search with the listed Fancy name like "Aorus Ultra Gaming" to find what kexts(drivers) could help this Windows Motherboard to support Macintosh Operating system. The MoBo info most helpful would be the Brandname (EX GA/MSI/AS/Intel) Followed by the Chipset Series( Ex:Z370/H230/B150M/Z97X/X79/DH67/....). Please don't take any offense at my suggestion. The more you work on Hackintosh and help with troubleshoot the sooner you will find this small tip useful in thinking through the various steps in diagnosing and fixing problems and understanding the verbose output that might initially look gobbledygook.
  • Now about my initial impression. about the problem.
  • Since you are using the Rx 570 (brand name not specified in Profile. Some brands are not very "friendly' for Hackintosh) as Primary Graphics, your Clover EFI Bootloader is not setup properly to get a successful boot. It DOES NOT have the required support kexts( Lilu+WEG+AppleAlc) in /kexts/Other folder on which config.plist relies to help with successful booting.
  • Radeon Rx570 should normally boot without any special editing of config.plist except may be in ACPI patches from current versions Clover
  • It is a good idea to give CaseySJ edited CLOVER a try with your current hardware as long as the Graphics card is NOT from XFX which seems to be less amenable to work with Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back