Graphics
Radeon 6780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I keep searching on the forum but I haven't seen anybody have this problem with 10.6.8. I've tried AtiConfig=6870, AtiConfig=Duckweed both with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=No. Neither work to get my display to show up correctly on System Profiler. Does anybody have this problem or have any tips?

Mine is listed the same way. I didn't even notice until now.
It seems to work perfectly though. I can even see all 5 inputs now as 10.6.7 only showed 4 if I remember right. I'm pretty sure it showed the name properly with the 68xx iMac kext from the last version of Multibeast I was using with 10.6.7 before this though? If you were the replace the 10.6.8 kext with the old iMac Kext you would probably get the name back in system profiler?
I'm currently running 3 monitors with no problems. I'm hoping to occasionally run a 4th when I can come up with another display port adapter if it will work.
I'm running the MSI Twin Frozer II R6870. Is there any particular reason to be concerned with it not showing the proper name?
Sorry I'm not of much more help... If I come across anything else I'll post it back here.

When cards show up as NI40 it means that there isn't a card specific ID in Chimera/Chameleon.

If you follow the directions in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=19330 and post your information I will add them to Chimera when I update it.

Per Tony form another post...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23573&p=151558#p151558

tonymacx86 said:
The GraphicsEnabler=No looked like it was working perfectly- it's a framebuffer thing I believe- and the ATI Radeon HD NI40 is Apple's injection from their kexts- so it's not injecting info from Chimera as 6870. It's purely a cosmetic issue- as you can see you have full output functionality in the 2nd pic. So what's the issue? :think:

Not sure if this is off topic.. but I just ordered one of these cards since it was listed in the CustoMac build section:

It is the: GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x Mini DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card GV-R687OC-1GD

Question #1) Will I have problems with this card if it does not recogognize it correctly? Your comments above make me wonder if I made the right purchase.

Question #2) Does this card work with dual DVI monitors?

Question #3) The reason I bought this card was that my current card on one of my Hackintosh computers is locking up frequently and I see others have had the same problem.

My current card is the: PNY XLR8 VCGGTX4601XPB-OC GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) OC 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Is there a guide to changing video cards on a working system? Or will it just recognize this card without any changes to the system.

I dont know if this matters but I have a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 Motherboard.

im not sure as don't have the card yet but i think what tony was saying is that its fully functional under graphics enabler = no and the ni40 listing is only cosmetic

Some apps not working with GraphicsEnabler=No.

GraphicsEnabler=No, dual DVIs, NI40 detected, Ableton Live 8.2.2 *CRASH*...

GraphicsEnabler=Yes, single DVI, AMD Radeon HD 6870 Series detected, Ableton Live 8.2.2, works/loads perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back