Contribute
Register

ATI Radeon hd 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter the brand of HD5450 you get?

Powercolor 1gb looks nice.

Reqirements:
Passive
1 PCIE slot
Wont block other slots
DVI and HDMI

I'm not fully happy either (Saphire 1GB): on wake-up from sleep the 2nd monitor remains black, and HDMI audio does not work. Latter cannot really be expected, maybe ..

Do wake-up from sleep on all ports and HDMI audio work with the 8600gt and the 210?

thanks.
A 90% hack that is 100% stable is good enough for me.
that's a good one!

The problem with the 210 is the cooler is so big it blocks the 2nd PCIe port. This seemed like a good passive 1 slot alternative, but it seems people are giving up :( The 210 + GE=yes means all ports work, no sleep problems and OOB, but its so damn big gosh darn it.

good to know - thanks!

Hi all, here is my case. I have an AMD HD6350 from HP that is the same as the HD5450. After a long search I found out that the simple GraphicsEnabler=Yes from chimera would not work for my card since my subsys codes (1462:2133) was not listed in the HD5450 cards already in the latest version. So I was forced to use the ATI injector and my card was seen as generic HD5000 series. All was working except the DVD player which led me to believe that there was something wrong with the frame buffer. Indeed this was the case. What I did was to download the sources code of chameleon, insert my card in the ati.c file and recompile and re-install it. So now my card is seen as a HD5450 with the correct framebuffer (Eulemur) BUT now it seems that I have another problem :banghead:

The display (using the DVI connection) cannot wake from the computer sleep (all the system wakes though and I can shut it down normally - going to the correct option without seeing the screen, by memory) and display sleep does not work too. For example, I have set the display sleep after the screensaver and what it does, instead of going to sleep/black screen is to freeze the last image. It is worth to mention that this was not the case with the generic 5000 series option. So anyone has a clue here? How can we solve this? Thank you!

If you need help to get full qe/ci an resolution, you only has to change the ati config! by example my card sapphire 1gb ddr3 hd 5450 works correclty with ati config eulemur but if i want dual monitor signal , then i have to change for cardinal, this option can be selected with chamaleon wizard. be sure to download first chamaleon wizard to choose the right ati config!! or you can do it manually on extras / folder,i hope this proccess helps someone.

I have an Asus 5450 Silent, and I had to set the ATI Config to Vervet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back