Contribute
Register

ATI Radeon hd 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install Chimera 1.7, delete ATI5000Injector, reboot, recognized as 5450 ;)

actually, if i use the flag PCIRootUID=0, then the graphic card is recognized as ATI 5000 Series. But my monitor works after sleep.
If i don't use this flag, my HDMI monitor won't resume from sleep ! But it is recognized as HD5450 Series

goober296 said:
bk, are you using hdmi on this card, and is it working? I'm still looking for a cheap working solution. Thank you

I use HDMI for my main screen, and it is perfect. All resolutions, OOB

SUCCESS: ATI Radeon HD 5450

It was as easy as that to get HD 5450 running under Lion 10.7.2:

* visit the link
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... ded&start=
to the insanelymac-forum and extract the all-in-one zip file

* copy the ATI5000Injector.kext "file" (this is not more than a folder with just one file - the above mentioned plist file) to /System/Library/Extensions (/s/l/e)

thanks to user "whereareyouall" @ mac-forums.com

My System:
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3
Sapphire Radeon HD 5450
SSD Corsair Flash Force 3 120 GB
Intel Dual Core Pentium G680
LG Blu-Ray-Burner BH10LS

goober296 said:
just wondering if dvd player works properly when disc is installed or not? thanks
For some with the hd 5450 yes, for others no ..

The trick (thanks to machinist) is to find the correct PCIRootUID value via

ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI" | grep "_UID"

which will output a # (known values betw. 0 and 4, but higher values might appear)

then enter that value into the org.chameleon plist as follows:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>ur#</string>

also make sure you have the following entries in your plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Eulemur</string>

remove *ANY* EFI strings from device properties (best delete kex/string)

save

delete *any* grfx enablers from E/E and S/L/E

delete extension (if present) AND (mandatory step here!) kernel caches, in Lion: /System/Library/Caches/Startup

make sure you have a current Chameleon bootloader installed (e.g. via Chameleon Wizard, or Chimera)

reboot

see if EVERYTHING works (res. changes/ QE-CI e.g. by launching Chess/ multi-monitors/ DVD Player)

Sorry to just butt right in, but ... I'm just gonna.

I have my ATI Radeon HD 5450 working, but 1900x1080 comes in about 20% off the screen, so I have to use the next lowest graphics setting. I was hoping to try the "ATI5000Injector.kext" file to see if that would "fix" things, but it didn't.

I went here:
http://www.osx86.net/view/2465-ati-5450 ... ector.html

& downloaded the "ATI-5450_series_injector.rar" file. Sadly, I had to copy it to my Windows system to "unrar" it, then copy the .zip files back to my Mac to use. Unfortunately, copying the "ATI5000Controller.kext" file into /s/l/e didn't change anything for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

kexts merely copied into S/L/E (regardless of in OS X or via Win) won't load because their permissions have not been set. From Windows you can only copy kexts in E/E and hope they load. The ATI5000Injector.kext is said to load from E/E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back