ATI R7 240 (ASUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icy

Hello,
I have those 2 card but no one works in catalina os:

Sapphire R7 240 2GB DDR3
ASUS R7 240 OC 4GB DDR3

I've read fiji arch works natively in catalina, but unfortunatly it doens't.

What is means (Requires fakeID)? and where I can find that "FAKE ID"? There is a list?

Radeon R7/R9 (Fiji) Current/Catalina

Fiji is also natively supported in Catalina without much issue but we cannot guarantee the success of R5 and R7 cards due to not having many reports of success soon them. Also, be wary that differing from the reference design of these cards have many more issues that require a lot of work to get them to run properly

• R7 240(Requires fakeID)
Needed kexts

Thanks

Last edited:
Radeon R9 is based on Fiji GCN 3.0 architecture GPU

Radeon R7 240 is based on Oland GCN 1.0 architecture GPU

They are not the same GPU chip, Fiji die size is much bigger than Oland die

Reactions: icy
Reactions: icy
Thanks for your preciuos help.
I would try this configuration, thanks a lot @Gigamaxx !

I'm also considering to buy another (cheap) GPU (with native support), any advice? (ati or nvidia?)
I've found a list where suggest these gpu, but I'm new in hackintosh world:

Radeon 400/500 series (Polaris) Highest Supported OS: Current/Catalina

Regarding Polaris, basically every model of card is supported as long as it’s running a Polaris core(lower end cards like the RX550 run a Lexa core meaning no support in macOS).

The only brand of GPU you should avoid with the Polaris series would be XFX, PowerColour, HIS and VisionTek as many users have had issues with these cards with viewing Clover and macOS booting but other users have found fixes/workarounds(though nothing consistent). This seems to be caused by having an odd VBIOS that doesn't communicate well with macOS and the only real solution is flashing another VBIOS which is not ideal for most users.

Supported cards:

400 Series:

• RX 480
  • RX 470D
  • RX 470
  • RX 460
500 Series:

• RX 590
  • RX 580X
  • RX 580
  • RX 570X
  • RX 570
  • RX 560X
  • RX 560

Thanks for your preciuos help.
I would try this configuration, thanks a lot @Gigamaxx !

I'm also considering to buy another (cheap) GPU (with native support), any advice? (ati or nvidia?)
I've found a list where suggest these gpu, but I'm new in hackintosh world:

AMD has the most use in newer macs for a new graphics card.
Nvidia Kepler cards “used” gtx 760, 780 etc. or a new GT710 DDR3 model ($40 US).

Polaris cards RX500 series are very affordable now because they are being replaced by the Navi cards.

Hi, i have r7 240 and it works on mojave with full accelaration but hdmi audio is not working. It works without injecting any kext. If you want i can give you my config, or you can try to put a fake id 0x67981002 and framebuffer Tahiti InjectATI=True but you have to make sure you have GFX on your DSDT. You can try on your hackintosh catalina. Tell me if it works.

Hi, i have r7 240 and it works on mojave with full accelaration but hdmi audio is not working. It works without injecting any kext. If you want i can give you my config, or you can try to put a fake id 0x67981002 and framebuffer Tahiti InjectATI=True but you have to make sure you have GFX on your DSDT. You can try on your hackintosh catalina. Tell me if it works.

1/ I cannot find tahiti in clover configuration
2/ What is GFX on DSDT ???. I don't put DSDT in ACPI/patched
3/ Should I remove Whatervergreen from kext folder?

Please share your EFI if possible

Attachments

• No Tahiti.png
    No Tahiti.png
    300 KB · Views: 552
  • Information.png
    Information.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 564
  • EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 276
any updates about R7 240 on Catalina or Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back