Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan,

Have you experienced any problems with Clover v3270 & v3280 both seem to have issue with Windows?
I have to use text mode to get it to boot.

jhawk

RehabMan,

Have you experienced any problems with Clover v3270 & v3280 both seem to have issue with Windows?
I have to use text mode to get it to boot.

jhawk

No issue here.

EL Capitan 10.11.1 I experienced a corrupt disk on reboot. I will advise further as information becomes available.Just to be clear I experienced an early restart 60% 8 minutes to go it restart. This event could have been triggered by my swiping the touchpad to kill screensaver (blank).Nope second clean install did same thing early termination. The hunt is on!

jhawk

I just bought the UX305FA.

Now, searching this long thread I found, more or less, how to install Yosemite on it, or how to update to el capitan, having an already working yosemite.

May you post a detailed guide about how to perform a fresh El Capitan installation?

Thanks.

I started to read it right now.

Just tell me a thing: is it actually possible to get a fully stable El Capitan installation on the UX305fa?

There are many steps to the process.

You might find a laptop specific guide in the guides forum...

Thanks.

I started to read it right now.

Just tell me a thing: is it actually possible to get a fully stable El Capitan installation on the UX305fa?

You can follow the same install as Yosemitie just use El Capitan. The only required change is the addition of below in config.plist

Step One download and install Clover xx370
Step Two Delete Kexts directory other than other (ie 10.10 10.11) for clarity KEEP OTHER
Step Three Edit existing config.plist and add the Code below:
Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
</dict>

Step Four download EL Capitan and install
Either FastLanePackage can be used You must add above to config.plist from FastLanePackages

You might try a direct upgrade. Mine failed but it traced back to and error in my config.plist. Had been edited way to many times and with divergent editors.

jhawk

Just picked up the Skylake update to the UX305, the UX305C.

Adding my RAW, Windows-based DSDT in case anyone needs it.

Core M-6Y30 CPU
8GB RAM
256 SSD

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back