Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 1.47.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 1.47.32 AM.png
    192 KB · Views: 133
I am curious about this laptop, but if 50+ some pages in and no one has yet figured out QE/CI then it definitely turns me away. Has no one tried this yet? It appears the 5300 and is very similar to the 5500, just lower tdp voltages, so what gives? If I had this laptop I would have either got it going or posted my own finding about how far I am getting.

http://www.firewolf.science/2015/04/guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3/

I am curious about this laptop, but if 50+ some pages in and no one has yet figured out QE/CI then it definitely turns me away. Has no one tried this yet? It appears the 5300 and is very similar to the 5500, just lower tdp voltages, so what gives? If I had this laptop I would have either got it going or posted my own finding about how far I am getting.

http://www.firewolf.science/2015/04/guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3/

50+ pages of people learning (the basics of) how to hackintosh :)

QE/CI is working.

Setting DVMT-prealloc is easy with this laptop. It is an option provided in the BIOS user interface.

50+ pages of people learning (the basics of) how to hackintosh :)

QE/CI is working.

Setting DVMT-prealloc is easy with this laptop. It is an option provided in the BIOS user interface.

Would have to agree with Rehabman, when this laptop first hit the forums it was brand new and it was also before the Macbook 8,1 was even available i believe. So there was much to learn by all of us about the core M processor, and how to configure it. I myself am still attempting to hunt down all the parts of the ACPI of the newest macbook, so bare with us. Currently though everything is indeed working 100% (almost) all of the time, an occasional boot up without caches might be needed, but that isn't anything to scoff at.

emcbeth2158,

Look at the # of post one.

jhawk

Is there a way to make the trackpad gestures work fully/properly? A 3 finger swipe up opens mission control. Also, two finger scrolling is not working as far as I know. Ordered a DW1560 from Dell, looking towards on having wifi on this too.

Edit: Windows 10 just updated, and clover will not boot mac osx anymore (apple boot logo for 1 second then reboot). Also, theme changes every time, making me suspect it has something to do with the clover.plist. However I have no idea on how to edit the plist without booting into mac osx

Is there a way to make the trackpad gestures work fully/properly? A 3 finger swipe up opens mission control. Also, two finger scrolling is not working as far as I know. Ordered a DW1560 from Dell, looking towards on having wifi on this too.

Edit: Windows 10 just updated, and clover will not boot mac osx anymore (apple boot logo for 1 second then reboot). Also, theme changes every time, making me suspect it has something to do with the clover.plist. However I have no idea on how to edit the plist without booting into mac osx

Windows set default to itself. Answer F12 at boot set back to Clove efi. Scroll will work Sys Pref | Trackpad adjust scroll speed must be done once as noted post #1 GUIDE

Gestures etc /S/L/E/ApplePS2SmartTouchPad/plist adjust as needed.

jhawk

Besides this forum, is there anywhere to get support for issues? Also, can a video demonstration be posted on the installation of Yosemite on the Asus Zenbook UX305-RBM1-CB? The guides are followable, but a video reference with one would be very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back