Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it! Thanks for all the help!

Any confirmation on whether or not the USB/ethernet adapter works? I'm looking around for drivers now but it's painful with no network connection on the lappy itself.

Any confirmation on whether or not the USB/ethernet adapter works? I'm looking around for drivers now but it's painful with no network connection on the lappy itself.

Yes it works fine. DW1560 is about $18 from Dell.

jhawk

It doesn't seem to be detected by OS X currently. Nor is my charger or battery percentage.

What is the best way I can determine which drivers to install via UniBeast post-installation? Having trouble finding detailed specs on audio chipset, ethernet controller, etc on the laptop.

It doesn't seem to be detected by OS X currently. Nor is my charger or battery percentage.

What is the best way I can determine which drivers to install via UniBeast post-installation? Having trouble finding detailed specs on audio chipset, ethernet controller, etc on the laptop.

Sorry we all use Clover, but if you wish a quick install and everything working take a look at the Guide.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...e-asus-zenbook-ux305fa-using-clover-uefi.html

And use NewFastLanePackage everything works with exception of Intel WIFI plus you get ALS Ambient Light Sensing (auto adjust brightness) However, the guide will give you all the drivers and patches required should you decide to build your own version.

jhawk

Just got this laptop today, looking towards putting yosemite on this. However, the bios (latest version 210) does not have an option to disable fastboot. Also, when I plug in the usb and select install yosemite in clover, it loads until half gives a stop/cancel sign. Instead of Install GSM it says Install CSM.

That is usually a clover setup/install problem. Take a look at guide page you will find just the clover file zip there {ie /Efi/Clover} and try replacing it. Post #6

jhawk

I have almost everything set up and working on my ux305 using the fastlanepackage with ALS. Do I still need to do the patches or were they included in the ssdt/dsdt? By the way Clover can boot in 1080p if you install the kext csmvideodxe, which looks really nice when using a 1080p skin on it.

I have almost everything set up and working on my ux305 using the fastlanepackage with ALS. Do I still need to do the patches or were they included in the ssdt/dsdt? By the way Clover can boot in 1080p if you install the kext csmvideodxe, which looks really nice when using a 1080p skin on it.

All the patches are in New and Old FastLanePackages. Simply plug and play item....

jhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back