Contribute
Register

ASUS Zenbook UX305 compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan,

I have 256 SSD Cruical, partitioned originally by Windows !0 with a spot reserved for OS X (i.e Partition Ntfs labeled OS X).Disk utility in installer refuses to erase and format as HFS+ (Error on size). Any ideas on how to create a OS X Journaled for install of OS X. There is still 30gb free space.

jhawk

RehabMan,

I have 256 SSD Cruical, partitioned originally by Windows !0 with a spot reserved for OS X (i.e Partition Ntfs labeled OS X).Disk utility in installer refuses to erase and format as HFS+ (Error on size). Any ideas on how to create a OS X Journaled for install of OS X. There is still 30gb free space.

jhawk

OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Has anyone else, after installing windows 10 (if you did) have your laptop not sleep when pressing the power button, commanding it too in OSX and shutting the lid? Whenever i do so, it will attempt to sleep, then boot into the clover boot-up OS selection screen. I have a feeling it has something to do with windows 10 EFI settings, but I'm honestly not sure.

The issue is obviously, since its not sleeping, and asking me to select an OS to boot into, the battery drains while i have the notebook in my backpack/set down. Leaving me only able to shut the laptop down.

Has anyone else installed Windows 10 and had issues with sleep in OSX? Upon closing the laptop lid, pressing the power button, or telling OSX to sleep, my laptop boots to the clover OS selection screen, leaving the laptop screen on and the laptop fully active draining my battery. I do not wish to shut the laptop down, every time i discontinue use.

Has anyone else installed Windows 10 and had issues with sleep in OSX? Upon closing the laptop lid, pressing the power button, or telling OSX to sleep, my laptop boots to the clover OS selection screen, leaving the laptop screen on and the laptop fully active draining my battery. I do not wish to shut the laptop down, every time i discontinue use.

Power management implemented?
DSDT/SSDT patched?

Power management implemented?
DSDT/SSDT patched?
The cpu was throttling and doing everything without any assistance from osx (conclusion me and jhawk had come too) so I decided not to generate a power management ssdt.

Do I need to patch the ssdt/DSDT after installing windows? If not then yes it is patched

The cpu was throttling and doing everything without any assistance from osx (conclusion me and jhawk had come too) so I decided not to generate a power management ssdt.

So answer is "no". Read/follow CPU PM guide.

Do I need to patch the ssdt/DSDT after installing windows? If not then yes it is patched

Windows has no effect on OS X.

So answer is "no". Read/follow CPU PM guide.

Windows has no effect on OS X.
You and I found earlier in this thread that ssdtprgen.sh will not work with my processor as it is not in it's generator. We also don't have the acpi values for the macbook8,1 yet to trick it into working.

You and I found earlier in this thread that ssdtprgen.sh will not work with my processor as it is not in it's generator. We also don't have the acpi values for the macbook8,1 yet to trick it into working.

ssdtPRgen.sh has been updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back