Contribute
Register

Asus Zenbook Pro UX501VW journey, Audio issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decompressed the patched files and got layout3.xml and Platforms.xml. Do I need linux codec dump to find the problem? That sucks because I don't have linux on this laptop, are there any alternatives to the linux codec dump?

Nice!! Just one more technical question (just need to learn from someone that knows more than me!), how do I convert the ids in decimal? If the codec id for ALC668 is 0x10EC0668 how do I convert that in decimal? I found a converter online but not sure if the conversion is right: 0x10EC0668 =143179933696

Nice!! Just one more technical question (just need to learn from someone that knows more than me!), how do I convert the ids in decimal? If the codec id for ALC668 is 0x10EC0668 how do I convert that in decimal? I found a converter online but not sure if the conversion is right: 0x10EC0668 =143179933696

Many ways, but in OS X... Calculator.app.

Well I got battery and power management working correctly, patched DSDT and SSDT correctly, only Audio and microphone continue to give me issues. The odd thing is now I got microphone working by patching the xml in the dummy HDA kext (I can see signal when I speak in Sys Pref/sound) but the audio output from the internal speakers is gone again. I'm out of ideas again...

Well I got battery and power management working correctly, patched DSDT and SSDT correctly, only Audio and microphone continue to give me issues. The odd thing is now I got microphone working by patching the xml in the dummy HDA kext (I can see signal when I speak in Sys Pref/sound) but the audio output from the internal speakers is gone again. I'm out of ideas again...

Patching AppleHDA is tricky. Plan on spending plenty of time learning about it.

I have the same machine and have been working thru it bit-by-bit for Sierra. Would you mind putting together a specific guide for this laptop?

Thanks. :)

I will try to do that after I get most things more or less working. And the credit goes to Rehabman anyways, he is super helpful and hinted me a ton of things!

Ok success! I managed to get Audio mic and headphones working by using a fully patched AppleHDA using Mirone's HDA Patcher, injected with clover and I added two custom SSDTs to ACPI/Patched. The first one from Codec Commander Repo (SSDT-ALC_668) and a custom SSDT Rehabman generated from this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/alc-668-only-works-well-after-restarting-from-windows.195934/
It is very important to add the SSDTs to the sorted order of clover or they will not be loaded. I guess the problem was related to cold boot vs windows boot rather than pinconfig/nodes.
I guess this can be marked as solved, what do you think Rehabman?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back