Contribute
Register

ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS / 2x Intel Xeon E5-2696V2 / 128GB / Nvidia - no "fully" working system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-10980
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Hey Folks.

I know there are several guides for configs like this, but I am not able to build a "fully" working system with my skills.

ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS (latest BIOS)
2x Intel Xeon E5-2696V2
128GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120

After dealing with a lot of BIOS configurations, I was able to install a fresh version of Sierra with a regualr Unibeast USB. But I still have problems with an "Couldn't allocate runtime area" error from time to time.
I tested several versions of OsxAptioFix (OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi) with different CsrActiveConfig values. But this is OK, after some rebooting it works.

Bootargs: -v dart=0 npci=0x2000

Right now there is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 from an old MacPro installed (has to be on PCIe Slot1..? Hab problems on Slot5). But I have the same problem (low resolution, laggi GUI) with other cards (Titan Black, 680).

On my fresh Sierra installation there are some problems, even after the usage of Multibeast (checked it with the specs from ASUS):
  • only one CPU is recognized (or shown?)
  • only 64GB of RAM are recognized (or shown?)
  • I can't use NVIDIA webdrivers ("Unable to open NVIDIA Driver Manager. Please try again or re-install the NVIDIA Web Driver package from the NVIDIA website.")
I think USB is working, LAN too, maybe Audio, I did not check it. It makes no difference if iMac, 5,1 or 6,1 I guess.

Maybe I need spacial DSDT or SSDT files, to get full support of RAM and CPU features? I am completely new on this. And maybe my BIOS settings are not optimized?
I think most of the systems here are working with 10.11. Maybe this is the problem?

Is there a way to create some custom files that I need? I could install Windows 7 if needed. Sierra is working with basic settings.

Any Ideas on that? Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
I found this nice Topic

But I am still confused about some points. Sorry for my unknowness. o_O

One more push. Sorry for that, but I really need your help :crazy:

Some News:

Installation was successfull with a custom Clover installer. 128GB of RAM are shown, 2x CPU is listed (but with 2.6GHz instead of 2.5GHz).

LAN is working.

But now the main issue seems to be the Graphics. When I use my old NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, I am not able to install the Nvdia Webdriver ("Unable to open nvidia driver manager"). It seems that I am the only one with this problem :lol:
Even with an update from 10.12.2 to 10.12.3 I have the same error.
I tried the graphics card on slot 5, but than the boot stucks at [PCIConfiguration...]. The same, when I change the card with an GTX680 (PC version). But afaik I rememberm, this card was working with Unibeast before, but I was not able to install the Webdriver too.

Maybe Step 10 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/giacomoleopardos-x79-mostro.200083/) is really neccessary and I did a mistake on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back