Contribute
Register

ASUS Z97M PLUS does not support dell 2k display???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info!
I tried SwitchResX , I set it to 1440p....WOW. Blur as hell.....><
Could not stand it.

What kind of graphics card have the capability to drive a 2k display???
Nvidia ?? GT or GTX??
Do you have any recommendations??

A GT 610 has a max res of 2560x1600. It only has HDMI though but by spec it should support it. Obviously anything above that would also support 1440P.

A GT 610 has a max res of 2560x1600. It only has HDMI though but by spec it should support it. Obviously anything above that would also support 1440P.

Thanks for your reply.
I am planning to buy an EVGA GT740 1GB SC edition.
It only has 1Gb of GDDR5 Ram. I saw the buyer's guide only suggest GT740 that has 2Gb of ram.
Does it affect a lot by performance?
I just want it to support the 2k display only, no intense work is done on my hackintosh.

Thanks.

1GB will be fine.
Theoretically your Intel iGPU should be able to drive your display, so I think that it's just a software issue. I don't have any experience with Intel GPUs though, so I can't help here.

Btw, 1440p is NOT 2K. If you want to use any fancy name for this resolution, "QHD" would be more precise.

1GB will be fine.
Theoretically your Intel iGPU should be able to drive your display, so I think that it's just a software issue. I don't have any experience with Intel GPUs though, so I can't help here.

Btw, 1440p is NOT 2K. If you want to use any fancy name for this resolution, "QHD" would be more precise.

Oh,,,okay...Thanks for the correction.
:thumbup:

GT 740: HDMI/1440p is not OS X native; same problem. DP/1440p is OS X native.

I see.... I will try to find a more powerful graphics card with Display Port.

Thanks for your help!

Also... After I change my system info, now I lose my bluetooth connection......
I use a bluetooth adapter.... Before I change the system info everything works fine.. Now it cannot detect therefore connect to my magic trackpad.. Do I need to do a fresh install?????

If you're OK with re-patching every time there's an OS X update, you can drive up to 4k/30Hz with the HD 4600 (I think that includes 1440p/60Hz):

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...40-2160-seiki-39-4k-display-3.html#post971232

1) HDMI clock limit (limits you to a sluggish 14Hz at 3840x2160)
2) Inadequate framebuffer memory (limits resolution choices to 1920x1080 max)

For step 1 I just downloaded the file and applied it to my Hackintosh, for step 2 I do now know how to apply and change the 3 bytes you mentioned in your answer...Could you amplify it a bit more?? Using what tools I can change the kext file??? I found the file inside the extension folder. Then I do not know what to do with it......

EDIT:eh......Never mind.... after step 1 I enabled kext dev mode and changed my system def to Macpro 6,1 in multibeast, then I rebooted the system...Now it is 2560x1440 resolution already.....><

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back