Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I updated the BIOS to 3010, also ME firmware

Tried the config that Casey uploaded with serial number and the other details filled up.

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck at the install Apple logo.

I can't figure it out for the life of me.

I updated the bios to 3010, also ME firmware

Tried the config that Casey uploaded with serial number and the other details filled up

unfortunately still stuck at the install apple logo

can't figure it out for the life of me
In your profile on left side of webpage, it says you have “Asus Z690 wifi Pro-1720”. This is also the motherboard mentioned in original post here:

Can you please confirm on which motherboard you are currently trying to install macOS? Two posts ago Z690 ProArt Creator was mentioned:

In your profile on left side of webpage, it says you have “Asus Z690 wifi Pro-1720”. This is also the motherboard mentioned in original post here:

Can you please confirm on which motherboard you are currently trying to install macOS? Two posts ago Z690 ProArt Creator was mentioned:

Hi, my bad on making a mess here

My board is: ASUS ProArt Z690-Creator WiFi 6E LGA 1700

attaching screen shot of amazon product
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 12.31.19 PM.png

Hi, my bad on making a mess here

My board is: ASUS ProArt Z690-Creator WiFi 6E LGA 1700

attaching screen shot of amazon product
Okay, much better! Which version of BIOS is installed?

I can subsequently post my up-to-date EFI folder with serial numbers removed.

Okay, much better! Which version of BIOS is installed?

I can subsequently post my up-to-date EFI folder with serial numbers removed.
bios is 3010

Would I just generate new serial number and stuff? what is the proper process for that

bios is 3010

Would I just generate new serial number and stuff? what is the proper process for that

The attached EFI folder is for Asus Z690 ProArt Creator:
  • OpenCore 0.9.9
  • Uses on-board Intel WiFi
  • Download and run OpenCore Configurator 2.75.0.0
  • Set the app's "Settings" to OpenCore 0.9.9 Development Version so that "0.9.9 Development Configuration" appears in the title bar as shown in screenshot below
  • Then open config.plist in the EFI folder provided and navigate to PlatformInfo -> DataHub as shown
  • Then click the pop-up menu shown in the red box (bottom of screenshot); this will generate new serial numbers for you
  • Save config.plist
  • Copy the entire EFI folder to EFI partition of USB install drive
  • Reboot and press F8 at Asus splash screen to open the BIOS boot menu and select the USB install drive
  • When OpenCore boot picker appears, select the option to install macOS
  • You can also press and release CMD-V before selecting the option to install macOS; this will enable verbose boot logs
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 1.17.48 PM 1.png

Attachments

• EFI-099-ASUS-Z690-PROART-CREATOR.zip
    50.3 MB · Views: 20
Hi All -
I too am having issues booting into macOS (I am on Ventura? macOS 12) after doing a BIOS update for my mobo.

My system is:
Asus Z690I
i7-12700K
AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
Sabrent Rocket 4 1T SSD
Western Digital Blue - 250GB (I forget the exact model)

I updated my BIOS to 3401, and I am not able to even boot using the USB bootable drive that was stable and working. Before the BIOS update, I was able to boot macOS on both my Sabrent NVMe and my WD 2.5 SSD without any issues.

When I try to boot after BIOS update (with XMP enabled):
On the NVMe - Apple logo shows up and nothing happens
On 2.5 SSD - same
On USB boot drive - Apple logo shows up and does not do anything

I disabled XMP and tried again:
On the NVMe - the progress bar shows up and then hangs
On 2.5 SSD - same
On USB boot drive - apple logo shows up and loads a little more than the NVMe & SSD but nothing hangs after a few seconds

I tried to run with verbose and all the crazy text shows up but then there is no signal to the monitor - but something worked(?) because the computer is still on. This happens on each one, - NVMe, 2.5 SSd, and the USB boot drive. Because the signal gets lost, I do not know what the error is that causes it and cannot take a picture.

I do not run any TB devices and my monitor is connected using DP.

*I am providing my EFI that is on my USB boot drive. I was having a ton of issues and was trying to piece together some of the posts in these forums and starting to make some adjustments (like implementing CaseySJ's update to intel i225 adapter update) to hopefully even have the USB boot drive load. I believe I changed the model/serial from an iMac Pro 1,1 to MacPro 7,1. None of these changes worked.

Attachments

• ._EFI_7.9.22.zip
    353 bytes · Views: 1
The attached EFI folder is for Asus Z690 ProArt Creator:
  • OpenCore 0.9.9
  • Uses on-board Intel WiFi
  • Download and run OpenCore Configurator 2.75.0.0
  • Set the app's "Settings" to OpenCore 0.9.9 Development Version so that "0.9.9 Development Configuration" appears in the title bar as shown in screenshot below
  • Then open config.plist in the EFI folder provided and navigate to PlatformInfo -> DataHub as shown
  • Then click the pop-up menu shown in the red box (bottom of screenshot); this will generate new serial numbers for you
  • Save config.plist
  • Copy the entire EFI folder to EFI partition of USB install drive
  • Reboot and press F8 at Asus splash screen to open the BIOS boot menu and select the USB install drive
  • When OpenCore boot picker appears, select the option to install macOS
  • You can also press and release CMD-V before selecting the option to install macOS; this will enable verbose boot logs
View attachment 581458

It worked this time

UPDATE: it only worked with Ventura, but it didn't work with Sonoma install. After install, Apple logo it goes to black screen.

2nd UPDATE: it is installing now (Sonoma), I did an NVRAM reset this time, and it worked. Not sure if it's connected.

In my mind it felt like I was doing everything right. But I guess something I was not doing right.

Will the 10G NIC on the motherboard work with Sonoma?

3rd UPDATE: after install, the 10G on board works. Tested at 10G speed.

Do I need to still follow the tutorial from main page and do the following? (more in regards to enabling anquantia)

10g.png

what about this nic, is it still supported on Sonoma? asus xg-c100c. Question in relation to another Z490 system that I have

Thank you

Last edited:
Curious, @CaseySJ, what BIOS version are you on for your Z690 ProArt ?
I’m on BIOS 2004. I saw the uproar over more recent versions and decided to happily remain on 2004.

Back