Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi all, not sure what I am doing wrong but can't figure to get this installed

I am attaching photo of screen error right at book and after I select the install option it get's stuck with apple logo

I am trying to install Sonoma

System is:

Z-690 wifi Pro (Asus) - BIOS 1720
CPU - I9-12900k
GPU - msi RX 6800 xt

thank you in advance

I've made a few changes to your config.plist. In general we should not take an EFI folder for motherboard X and use it on motherboard Y.

Which version of OpenCore are you using? What is the date/time stamp on EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi?

Serial numbers should be copied into PlatformInfo -> DataHub before use:
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 9.09.48 AM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    38.8 KB · Views: 3
I'm also curious about this. I have retired my old Thunderbolt 1/2 devices and am no longer concerned with the older NVM compatibility. I also can see myself upgrading the CPU from 12th Gen.

@dehjomz How are the newer BIOS files on the Formula? Wondering if there are new bugs afoot.
I think the bugs have settled down, we've come a far way from the abomination that was 2204. I wouldn't necessarily say one needs to upgrade beyond 2103 and NVM31, I only did it to test whether I could use USB4 enclosures with the system, as NVM31 wasn't working.

Based on my initial testing of 3401, it seems fine for my use case, but of course your mileage may vary with your specific equipment.

That is actually a good question. The answer depends on:
  • Are you planning to use 13th Gen Intel CPU any time soon?
  • Are you using any USB4 devices? If so, what are the makes and models of those devices?
  • Are you planning to install 48GB or 96GB or 192GB memory any time soon?
Thanks!
1-Not soon! But sometime.
2-Not right now. USB 3 (samsung t7 and t9) and thunderbolt.
3-32GB max 64GB

Thanks again

Hi all, not sure what I am doing wrong but can't figure to get this installed

I am attaching photo of screen error right at book and after I select the install option it get's stuck with apple logo

I am trying to install Sonoma

System is:

Z-690 wifi Pro (Asus) - BIOS 1720
CPU - I9-12900k
GPU - msi RX 6800 xt

thank you in advance
Is your mother board this one: https://www.asus.com/us/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-z690-p-wifi/ ? If so your bios is ancient and was even removed from the support repository! I reccomend updating to BIOS 3010 after you do the ME firmware update.

Last edited:
I've made a few changes to your config.plist. In general we should not take an EFI folder for motherboard X and use it on motherboard Y.

Which version of OpenCore are you using? What is the date/time stamp on EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi?

Serial numbers should be copied into PlatformInfo -> DataHub before use:
View attachment 581425
I think that open core and file version were matching 0.9.8. Though I got an error today that I might have been on MOD fork.

What serial number do I add there? One particular one?

When I did my config file I just generated those numbers

I think that open core and file version were matching 0.9.8. Though I got an error today that I might have been on MOD fork.

What serial number do I add there? One particular one?

When I did my config file I just generated those numbers
Please copy and paste the same serial numbers that were there before I removed them. According to site rules, we should not post config.plist with serial numbers — this is for our own protection.

Please copy and paste the same serial numbers that were there before I removed them. According to site rules, we should not post config.plist with serial numbers — this is for our own protection.
Just making sure I am getting this right.

The config file u uploaded is the same one I uploaded earlier with some modifications? so I should just copy-paste serial numbers from before?

Would it be the same to just generate new ones? Do I understand the process right on generating new serial numbers?

What did I do wrong first time? What did I miss?

I will try the config file you uploaded in about an hour or so

Try:
1) Disabling SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C.AML
2) Disable ALL bluetooth kexts

Also:
1) Don't ever post your config with your serials
2) Depending on your BIOS version, add slide=0 to NVRAM

j
how do I disable all bluetooth kexts?

Also isn't the SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C.AML necessary to make the 10g on MB work?

thank you

Last edited:
Back